Barbados - Apply for Permanent Resident
This procedure provides you information about how to apply for a Permanent Resident in Barbados.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since January 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Application for Permanent Resident can be made at the Barbados Immigration department.
- Following link provides you with application froms that can be used : Application forms
- Following link provides you with contact and office information that can be approached : Office Locations
Ads by Google
- Applicant's Birth Certificate.
- If a married woman, Marriage Certificate must be produced.
- If married to a Barbadian woman, the applicant is required to produce:-
- His wife's Birth Certificate; and
- His marriage Certificate.
- If applicant's previous marriage was terminated by Death or Divorce - then appropriate Death Certificate or Divorce document i.e., Decree Absolute should be submitted.
- If born in wed-lock to a Barbadian mother and a non-national father the applicant is required to produce:-
- Mother's Birth Certificate; and
- Parents' Marriage Certificate.
- General Medical Certificate of Health from Doctor if sixteen (16) years of age or under.
- If sixteen (16) years of age or over, the standard Medical Form provided, must be completed by the Doctor.
- Certificate of Character from the Police of each country in which you have lived (if sixteen years or over). A sworn affidavit of character in lieu of a P.C.C. from the U.K. as well as a disclosure form.
- Income Tax Clearance Certificate - Barbados.
- Four (4) passport sized photographs, one of which must be certified by a Justice of the Peace or Notary Public.
- Letters from school(s) attended in Barbados.
- Letter of employment.
- Proof of qualifications (if any).
- It should be noted that -
- In the event of any discrepancy in any of the names, appearing on the documents required above, then an Affidavit must be submitted in order to clarify the same.
- If applicant is under 18 years of age and forms are signed by a person other than the parent(s), then a Letter of Consent from the parent(s) must be submitted. This Letter of Consent must be notarised i.e. signed by the parent(s) in the presence of a Justice of the Peace or Notary Public who will sign and affix his appropriate official stamp/seal.
- In cases where the legal custody of a child is granted, the document showing legal custody must be submitted.
- A copy of the bio-data page of applicant's valid passport.
Originals and Photocopies of documents must be submitted.
Application fee of Bds. $300.00 (Personal cheques will not be accepted).
If approved a final fee of $1200 Bds to be paid.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Application forms that can be used : Application forms
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Office locations of Barbados Immigration Department can be obtained from the following office locations : Office Locations
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other information which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.