Bahamas - Renew a License to Operate Theatre or Cinema
All licenses granted for the use of premises for the public performance of plays and showing of films remain in force for one year or such shorter period as specified in the license. The Bahamas Plays and Films Control Board may from time to time renew a license issued.
- Must be a holder of a license.
- Approval must be obtained from The Bahamas Plays and Films Control Board.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of Owners
- Seating Capacity
- Beneficial Owners
- The Board should be given a minimum of 28 days notice of intention to renew the application.
- Complete the form “Application for Occasional Theatre/Cinemas Licence”.
- If the application is for a play, 14 days from the date of the performance of the play, at least five copies of the script must be submitted to the Board.
- Submit the completed application form together with the fee to Permanent Secretary, Ministry of National Security or By hand to Permanent Secretary, Ministry of National Security.
- The applicant will be advised of the decision in writing one to two days after the meeting of the Board.
Note: Family Island applicants can submit their applications through their Administrator’s Office or send via mail. They must ensure that all relevant documents and fees are enclosed.
Application Form for renewal of license:
Ads by Google
- Completed application form
- Minimum of five copies of the script of the play
Theatre/Cinema Licence Fee Structure:
- 1 up to 99 persons : BS$50.00
- 100 – 199 persons : BS$200.00
- 200 – 299 persons : BS$400.00
- 300 – 399 persons : BS$600.00
- 400 – 499 persons : BS$800.00
- 500 persons or more including open air Cinemas : BS$1,000.00
One or more public performances/exhibition not exceeding three, and are not of an educational character, charitable or other like purposes : BS$20.00
All payment by cheque must be certified and made payable to the Public Treasury or the Ministry of National Security.
Other forms of acceptable payment are cash or money order. Cash payment should be made to the Public Treasury and receipt submitted to the ministry along with the application form.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The license will be issued in one to two business days
Ministry of National Security
3rd Floor Churchill Building,
East and Bay Streets
Nassau, New Providence
Tel. (242) 356-6801/2, 4400/1/2, or 6792/ 3
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.