Bahamas - Register an Aircraft
An aircraft is any machine that can derive support in the atmosphere from the reactions of the air other than the reactions of the air against the earth’s surface.An aircraft registration is a unique alphanumeric string that identifies a civil aircraft, in similar fashion to a license plate on an automobile. The procedures on registering an aircraft is shown below.
All individuals, operators, organizations and other entities desiring to register an aircraft in the Bahamas.
Ads by Google
- Application for aircraft registration is accepted only for aircraft of a type that is acceptable to
- The Owner [company, person, corporate] must provide proof of ownership along with a photo ID.
- If the owner is a corporate/company please provide the names of trustees and persons authorized to sign on their behalf.
FSI - Flight Standards Inspectorate
- Basic Aircraft Information
- Registration Code
- Aircraft Serial Number
- Aircraft Make
- Aircraft Model
- Type of Registration
- Basic Contact Information
- Applicant's Name
- Applicant's Phone
- Applicant's Fax
- Applicant's Address
- Change of Address
- Submit a duly completed prescribed application form to the FSI.
- Submit all the necessary documents with the original application to FSI. This will determine the acceptability of the aircraft for registration.
- The FSI will evaluate the documents to establish its authenticity, genuity and validity. It also allows the FSI to verify that the aircraft Type Certificate complies with an acceptable airworthiness code.
- On completion of a successful documents evaluation, the airworthiness inspector issues the “aircraft acceptance for registration” note.
- After the aircraft has been evaluated and found acceptable for issue of a certificate of registration, the applicant is required to submit the following documents stated below to the FSI.
- The aircraft is finally registered after the processes are made.
Aircrafts that are not compliant to acceptable airworthiness codes cannot be registered in Bahamas.
Application Form for Aircraft Registration:
Ads by Google
- duly completed prescribed application form to the FSI
- full specification of the aircraft including—
- The full description of the type, model and serial number;
- Type certificate data sheet;
- Supplementary type certificate data, if any;
- Make and part numbers of avionics and equipment installed;
- Airworthiness Directives (ADs) status report;
- Copy of the current Certificate of Registration, if applicable;
- Copy of the current C of A, if applicable
- for aircraft type or model that is new on the Bahamas aircraft register, the applicant should submit the application form and the documents listed above
- A certificate or notice of de-registration from the previous State of Registry or a letter from the State of Manufacture, if the aircraft is new and has never been registered in any other state, confirming de-registration.
- Document(s) to prove the aircraft ownership, (e.g. Bill of Sale, e.t.c.);
- Proof of identity—A copy of a government issued Identity Card (ID) or Passport if owned by an individual, or any other identification card approved by the FSI;
- A certified copy of the Certificate of Incorporation;if owned by a company;
- Names of the directors of the company owning or leasing the aircraft and their specimen
signatures giving authority to register and/or operate the aircraft in Bahamas;This documents must also designate the person(s) who has the authority to transact on their behalf on matters relating to the aircraft registration and/or operation;
- A certified copy of the lease agreement, if the aircraft is on lease;
- A certified copy of the power of attorney from both the owner/lessor and the lessee;
- A certified copy of an aircraft current Insurance Certificate; and
- Proof of payment of the prescribed fees
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
CIVIL AVIATION DEPARTMENT
FLIGHT STANDARDS INSPECTORATE
LYNDEN PINDLING INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Tel.:+1 242 377 7281
Fax: +1 242 377 2138
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.