Bahamas - Obtain a Theatre or Cinema License
Any premises to be used for the public performance of plays and showing of films must be granted a license by The Bahamas Plays and Films Control Board. The procedures in obtaining a theatre or cinema license is shown below.
- The Applicant must be 18 years or older.
- Approval must be obtained from The Bahamas Plays and Films Control Board
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of Company
- Seating Capacity
- Beneficiary Owners
- Complete the form, “Application for Occasional Theatre/Cinema Licence”.
- If the application is for a play, 14 days from the date of the performance of the play, at least five copies of the script must be submitted to The Bahamas Plays and Films Control Board.
- Submit the completed application form along with the documents and fee to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of National Security,Bahamas Films and Plays Board or by hand to Permanent Secretary, Ministry of National Security, 3rd Floor, Churchill Building, Rawson Square,Nassau, New Providence, The Bahamas
- The Board will examine the synopsis of the play or film to ascertain whether it may be approved. If the Board approves the play or film it will be classified and rated as follows:
- A - Suitable for all ages
- B - Suitable for adults, persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult.
- T - Suitable for persons above the age of fifteen
- C- Suitable for adults only, persons under 18 years are not admitted whether accompanied by an adult or not.
- D - Unsuitable for public viewing.
- The Board may request that the play or film be performed for viewing before the decision is given.
- The Board approves or refuses to approve the play or film suitable for exhibition or public performance.
- The applicant is advised of the decision in writing one to two days after the meeting of the Board.
Application Form for Theatre/Cinema License link: http://forms.bahamas.gov.bs/documents/NATSEC_Theatres%20and%20Cinemas.pdf
Ads by Google
- Completed Application Form
- Minimum of five copies of the script of the play
- Theatre/Cinema Licence Fee Structure:
- 1 up to 99 persons - BS$ 50.00
- 100 - 199 persons - BS$ 200.00
- 200 - 299 persons - BS$ 400.00
- 300 - 399 persons - BS$ 600.00
- 400 - 499 persons - BS$ 800.00
- 500 persons or more including open air Cinemas - BS$1,000.00
- One or more public performances/exhibition not exceeding three, and not of educational character, charitable or other like purposes. BS$20.00
- All payment by cheque must be certified and made payable to the Public Treasury or the Ministry of National Security.
- Other forms of acceptable payment are Cash or Money Order.
- Cash payment should be made to the Public Treasury and receipt submitted to the Ministry along with the application form.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
NATIONAL SECURITY, MINISTRY OF
Churchill Building 3rd Floor
P. O. Box N3217
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.