Bahamas - Obtain a Port Identification
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- If you are eligible to obtain a port identification, you may apply for one by filling in an application form.
- Submit the completed form along with all other required documents and your payment for the application fee.
- The applicant must also provide all necessary supporting documents.
- Your application will be reviewed by the Port Department.
- Once approved, identification will be issued to the applicant.
- Completed application form: The Application for Port Security Access Identification Card form may be collected from any of the offices listed on the 'contact info' section.
- Supporting Documents:
- A letter requesting permission to enter the port
- Job reference letter
- A valid passport (first three pages of passport)
- National Insurance Number
- Police Record (not less than three months old)
- Ferryboat and Jet Ski operators must also provide:
- Operators Licence
- Masters Licence and/or STCW Certification
Office Locations & Contacts
New Providence Offices
Prince George Wharf
P.O. Box N-8175
Nassau, New Providence
Tel. (242) 322-1596 or 326-7654
Fax. (242) 322-5545
Dock Masters Office
Nassau, New Providence
Tel. (242) 393-1064
Fax. (242) 394-1240
Grand Bahama Office
P.O. Box F 2044
Freeport, Grand Bahama
Tel. (242) 352-9163
Fax. (242) 351-4538
P.O. Box Ab 20922
Marsh Harbour, Abaco
Tel. (242) 367-0038
Fax. (242) 367-0041
Office Hours (for all offices): 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.
Individuals who are eligible to receive Port Identification Cards:
- Port Employees
- Environmental Health employees
- Immigration employees
- Road Traffic employees
- Customs Employees
- Tourism Employees
- Ferryboat Operators and Ship Agents
- Jet Ski Operators
- Tour Guides
- Taxi Drivers
- Vendors and Musicians
Port Identification: BS$25.
All port identification cards must be renewed annually.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The Port Department may be able to complete the processing of your application for port identification within the same day, provided all the required documents are submitted.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
All persons who either work on the ports or those who have business to attend to at the ports must secure an identification card to access the port.
Following is a procedure on how to apply for a port identification in The Bahamas.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.