Bahamas - Obtain a Nursing License
This procedure provides you information about how to obtain a Nursing License in The Bahamas. Persons seeking to establish a nursing agency, or an agency where the services of nurses, midwives and clinical nurses are sought, must first obtain a license from the Nursing Council.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
The Council reserves the right to refuse application or revoke the issued licence on these grounds:
- The applicant or holder of the licence is not a fit and proper person to hold such a licence.
- There is no need or demand for the nursing service proposed in the application.
- The equipment, organisation, and staffing arrangements of the agency are inadequate.
- The premises in which the agency is located are unsuitable.
- The agency has been or is being improperly conducted.
- Offences against the Act or any regulations made thereto have been committed in connection with the carrying on of the agency.
- There is failure to comply with a requirement of a law regulating to the carrying on of that agency.
- There is failure to comply with the uniform code, code of ethics or standard of nursing care specified by the Nursing Council.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- To get registered with the Nursing Council, please use the following contact information provided.
- Also, make sure you have all the documents that are listed under the Required Documents section of this page.
- Nursing Council
- Delancy Street, (opposite Ministry of Health exit gate)
- P.O. Box N-9802
- New Providence
- The Bahamas
- Tel: (242) 326-0553
- Fax: (242) 326-0537
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Opening hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, except public holidays
Ads by Google
- The philosophy and objectives of the agency.
- Policies and procedures for governing the agency.
- Respective records required to be kept by any nurse supplied in the carrying on of the agency.
- Methods of evaluating the quality of care received by a patient or client of the agency.
- Policies for ensuring the confidentiality of records.
- Means of liability insurance for the staff.
BS$100.00 for a duplicate licence in the event that your license is lost, damaged or destroyed.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Delancy Street, (opposite Ministry of Health exit gate)
P.O. Box N-9802
Tel: (242) 326-0553
Fax: (242) 326-0537
Opening hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday, except public holidays
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other information which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.