Bahamas - Obtain a Gun License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant must be eighteen (18) years or older. Application forms must be completed in detail and signed.
- Applicant must present the completed forms in person to Firearms Licensing Office, along with two (2) colour passport size photographs, bill of sale for the firearm and gun safe, drivers license and identifying documents.
- Applicant will be interviewed and the information on the application form verified with the document produced.
- Non-Bahamian applicant in addition to the above procedures, are required to produce their legal status in the Bahamas, a copy of the first four (4) pages of their passport and drivers license.
- In the case where proof of firearm purchase cannot be obtained, a letter must be written stating where the firearm was purchased and how long the firearm was in your possession.
Application Form for Gun license link:
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
ROYAL BAHAMAS POLICE FORCE
P. O. Box N 458
(242) - 322-4444
Applicant must be eighteen (18) years or older.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Personal Information
- Occupation/Employment Information
- Particulars of Firearm
- Spousal Information
- Next of Kin
- Particulars of Applicant
Need for the Document
A firearms license (also known as a gun license) is a license or permit issued by some governments (typically by the police) of a country (or state or municipality thereof), that allows the licensee to buy, own, possess, and use firearms, often subject to a number of conditions or restrictions, especially with regards to storage requirements or the completion of a firearms safety course, as well as background checks, etc.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.