Bahamas - Obtain a Gun License
A firearms license (also known as a gun license) is a license or permit issued by some governments (typically by the police) of a country (or state or municipality thereof), that allows the licensee to buy, own, possess, and use firearms, often subject to a number of conditions or restrictions, especially with regards to storage requirements or the completion of a firearms safety course, as well as background checks, etc. The following are the procedures for applying for Gun or Firearms License in The Bahamas.
Applicant must be eighteen (18) years or older.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Personal Information
- Occupation/Employment Information
- Particulars of Firearm
- Spousal Information
- Next of Kin
- Particulars of Applicant
- Applicant must be eighteen (18) years or older. Application forms must be completed in detail and signed.
- Applicant must present the completed forms in person to Firearms Licensing Office, along with two (2) colour passport size photographs, bill of sale for the firearm and gun safe, driver’s license and identifying documents.
- Applicant will be interviewed and the information on the application form verified with the document produced.
- Non-Bahamian applicant in addition to the above procedures, are required to produce their legal status in the Bahamas, a copy of the first four (4) pages of their passport and driver’s license.
- In the case where proof of firearm purchase cannot be obtained, a letter must be written stating where the firearm was purchased and how long the firearm was in your possession.
Application Form for Gun license link:
Ads by Google
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
ROYAL BAHAMAS POLICE FORCE
P. O. Box N 458
(242) - 322-4444
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.