Bahamas - Obtain a Commercial Fishing License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Complete and submit the relevant application form.
- Submit the required supporting documents to the Department of Marine Resources.
- The applicant will then be contacted to visit the Department of Marine Resources to pay the required license fee and to collect the license.
- The license is then issued after payment of the fee.
For applicants in Abaco, payment should be made at the Public Treasury and the receipt submitted verifying payment to the local fisheries officer.
Application form for obtaining a commercial fishing license link:
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
Marine Resources, Department of
(242) - 393-1777
- Bahamian Business. Note all shareholders must be Bahamian Citizens and resident within the country
- Bahamian citizen.
- Only applicable to fishing vessels larger than 20 feet in length.
Commercial fishing: $10.00
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of Applicant
- Address of Applicant
- Name of Vessel
- Description of Vessel
- Port of Registration of Vessel
- Registration Number of Vessel
- Name and Address of Owner of Vessel (if different from Applicant)
- Telephone Contact
- Number of Persons to be carried on board in Vessel
- Nationality of Owner of Vessel
- Type and description of fishing gear to be used
Need for the Document
Commercial fishing is defined as fishing for any fishery resource for the purpose of subsequent sale or benefit whether it is done on a full-time or part-time basis. Current fisheries legislation stipulates that only Bahamian owned crafts can legally fish commercially within Bahamian waters. Any vessel that is 20 feet or larger that is used for commercial fishing must be licensed.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.