Bahamas - Obtain a Commercial Fishing License
Commercial fishing is defined as fishing for any fishery resource for the purpose of subsequent sale or benefit whether it is done on a full-time or part-time basis. Current fisheries legislation stipulates that only Bahamian owned crafts can legally fish commercially within Bahamian waters. Any vessel that is 20 feet or larger that is used for commercial fishing must be licensed.
- Bahamian Business. Note all shareholders must be Bahamian Citizens and resident within the country
- Bahamian citizen.
- Only applicable to fishing vessels larger than 20 feet in length.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of Applicant
- Address of Applicant
- Name of Vessel
- Description of Vessel
- Port of Registration of Vessel
- Registration Number of Vessel
- Name and Address of Owner of Vessel (if different from Applicant)
- Telephone Contact
- Number of Persons to be carried on board in Vessel
- Nationality of Owner of Vessel
- Type and description of fishing gear to be used
- Complete and submit the relevant application form.
- Submit the required supporting documents to the Department of Marine Resources.
- The applicant will then be contacted to visit the Department of Marine Resources to pay the required license fee and to collect the license.
- The license is then issued after payment of the fee.
For applicants in Abaco, payment should be made at the Public Treasury and the receipt submitted verifying payment to the local fisheries officer.
Application form for obtaining a commercial fishing license link:
Ads by Google
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Commercial fishing: $10.00
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Marine Resources, Department of
(242) - 393-1777
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.