Bahamas - Obtain a Certificate of Registration
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Complete the entire Application Form 1.
- The applicant must pay the requisite fee at the Public Treasury.
- A copy of the receipt must accompany the completed Form 1 application for Certificate of Registration.
- Submit Form 1 to the Secretary to the Investments Board, along with the list of documents identified below.
- The BIA would then process the application, issues the Certificate and informs the applicant that the Certificate is ready for collection in writing.
Application form for Certificate of Registration:
- Copy of National Photo Identification (Passport, Driver's licence etc.)
- Written confirmation that die diligence has been completed to meet "Know Your Customer"
- Police Record/ Certificate from Country of residence or Sworn Affidavit where applicable.
- Character Reference
- Copy of site plan of land being acquired / purchsed (please include size)
- Bahamas immigration Status
- Social Security Number / National Identification Number
- Real Property Tax Assessment Number
- Evidence of Payment of Real Property Tax (must be current)
- If applicant is a Bahamian Registered Company a copy of incorporation / Registration in The Bahamas is required.
- Financial Reference (current)
- Source of Wealth (if self employed state which field and provide proof thereof)
- Copy of relevant conveyance evidencing payment of stamp duty thereon as well as backing sheet.
Office Locations & Contacts
Bahamas Investment Authority as Administrative Arm of the Investments Board
4th Floor Cecil Wallace-Whitfield Centre
P. O. Box CB-10980
Tel. (242) 327-5826-9
Fax. (242) 327-5806
This process is needed for any of the following scenarios:
- Non-Bahamians acquiring an interest in land or a condominium to be used as an owner-occupied property, provided that such land is undeveloped and it is less than two adjoining acres.
- Permanent Residents of The Bahamas.
- Non-Bahamians acquiring an interest in land under a devise or by inheritance.
- Non-Bahamians acquiring an interest in land by virtue of any court order or as a mortgagee.
- Non-Bahamians acquiring leasehold interest for trade or business for a period greater than 21 years.
The Applicant must pay an application fee of BS$250.00, this can be paid at the Public Treasury. If accessing this service from a Family Island, the requisite fee may be paid at the Public Treasury offices on Grand Bahama or Abaco.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The Certificate of Registration is prepared within 30 days from submission of all documents.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Please ensure that you print the form on legal size paper (8/1/2 X 14).
- Please ensure that the form is completed in its entirety
- Please sign the bottom
- Full name of Applicant
- Registered/Residential Address of the Applicant
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Nationality of the Applicant
- Bahamas Immigration Status
- Description and Location of Property
- Condition of Property
- Name, Address and Nationality of vendor
- Purchase price and state how funded by local or foreign source
- Purpose for which the property is being or to be used
Need for the Document
A Certificate of Registration is an official document stating that a person or company has provided all the necessary information for an official or government record.
A non-Bahamian or a Permanent Resident, who acquires an interest in a condominium or property to be used by him/her as owner-occupied, or for construction of such a dwelling, must apply to the Secretary to the Investments Board to register the purchase.
The purpose of Certificates of Registration is to enable certain categories of non-Bahamians to merely register their acquisition of an interest in land or a condominium in The Bahamas without having to obtain the prior approval of that acquisition from the Government of The Bahamas.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.