Bahamas - Obtain Builder or Constructor License (Builder Status Certificate)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for a Builder or Construction License (Builder Status Certificate), the applicant should approach the Ministry of Housing.
- The applicant should have the completed application form along with the Required Documents that is listed under the Required Documents section of this page.
- Once all required documents are submitted, the application is reviewed and a site inspection is scheduled with field officer. Note: The Applicant must be present for the site inspection.
- If the quality of work is acceptable, the applicant will be issued with an acceptance letter and an Approved Builder Status Certificate. If unsuccessful, the applicant will be issued a letter informing him / her of such.
- Following listed are the contact information that can be used.
- MINISTRY OF HOUSING
- SHIRLEY ST. AND CHARLOTTE ST.
- P. O. Box N-4849
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website : http://www.bahamas.gov.bs
- Credit or Bank Reference
- Credit or Sale Reference form Building Suppliers
- Refernce from 3 persons who will be willing to assert you as a Builder.
- Copy of Passport or Voters Card
- Copy of Up-To-Date Business License
- Copy of National Insurance Board Compliance Letter
- A reference letter and photo of the last building constructed and completed.
Additional Information that may require
- Letter from Island Administrator
- Photo of project completed by the contactor with 2 completed and 1 under construction.
- A reference from Area Engineer
- Reference from the Town Planning office.
Office Locations & Contacts
MINISTRY OF HOUSING
SHIRLEY ST. AND CHARLOTTE ST.
P. O. Box N-4849
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : http://www.bahamas.gov.bs
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
There are no fees associated with this service.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Application form that can be used : Application Form
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since January 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate? .
Information which might help
Enter other information which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.