Bahamas - Obtain Builder or Constructor License (Builder Status Certificate)
This procedure provides you information about how to obtain a Builder or Construction Permit or License in Bahamas.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since January 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- To apply for a Builder or Construction License (Builder Status Certificate), the applicant should approach the Ministry of Housing.
- The applicant should have the completed application form along with the Required Documents that is listed under the Required Documents section of this page.
- Once all required documents are submitted, the application is reviewed and a site inspection is scheduled with field officer. Note: The Applicant must be present for the site inspection.
- If the quality of work is acceptable, the applicant will be issued with an acceptance letter and an Approved Builder Status Certificate. If unsuccessful, the applicant will be issued a letter informing him / her of such.
- Following listed are the contact information that can be used.
- MINISTRY OF HOUSING
- SHIRLEY ST. AND CHARLOTTE ST.
- P. O. Box N-4849
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website : http://www.bahamas.gov.bs
Ads by Google
- Credit or Bank Reference
- Credit or Sale Reference form Building Suppliers
- Refernce from 3 persons who will be willing to assert you as a Builder.
- Copy of Passport or Voters Card
- Copy of Up-To-Date Business License
- Copy of National Insurance Board Compliance Letter
- A reference letter and photo of the last building constructed and completed.
Additional Information that may require
- Letter from Island Administrator
- Photo of project completed by the contactor with 2 completed and 1 under construction.
- A reference from Area Engineer
- Reference from the Town Planning office.
There are no fees associated with this service.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Application form that can be used : Application Form
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
MINISTRY OF HOUSING
SHIRLEY ST. AND CHARLOTTE ST.
P. O. Box N-4849
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : http://www.bahamas.gov.bs
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other information which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.