Bahamas - Marriage Officer Licence
Following are Marriage Officers by virtue of their appointment: The Registrar General, the Deputy Registrar, Assistant Registrar, Family Island Administrators or Commissioners, and Supreme Court Magistrates.
Other persons wishing to become marriage officers are required to obtain a marriage officer’s licence. This procedure provides you information about how to obtain the said licence.
- have a theology degree.
- be a pastor, assistant pastor or an associate pastor of a church.
- be a Bahamian.
- be 18 years or older.
- Applicants possessing a theology degree are automatically recommended for appointment if they meet the other qualifications. As of the moment, only two officers per church are granted licences.
- Applicants not having a theology degree will be required to study a “handout” based on the Marriage Act, write an examination and attain a score of at least 60%.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Complete an application form: A link is provided under 'Documents to Use' section which you can use to download the form.
- Submit required documents: Submit the completed form along with supporting documents to the Marriage Registry of the Registrar General’s Department.
- Approval of your application: In two to three days, the Registrar General’s Office will contact you about your application and the issuance of your licence.
Ads by Google
- Completed application form.
- A valid picture ID.
- Two passport sized photos.
No application fee.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The amount of time it takes for a licence to be issued varies depending on the qualifications of the applicant.
Registrar General’s Department
Cor. of Shirley and Charlotte Street
P.O. Box N 532
Tel: (242) 397-9179/9113
9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Monday to Friday, except on Public Holidays.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.