Bahamas - Buy a Land Or Residential Government Land
This procedure provides you information about how to buy a Land or Residential Government Land in The Bahamas.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since January 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- The applicant must fill out the Application for Land Form. Family Island residents may collect an application from the Local Administrator’s Office. Grand Bahama and Abaco residents may collect applications from the Department of Housing Office on the islands. Offices locations are listed below. Alternatively, a form from the following link : Application form
- Applicants in New Providence, Grand Bahama, and Abaco must complete Application for Land form in person and submit to relevant office, along with all supporting documents.
- Applicants on all other family Islands must submit their applications through the Family Island Administrator Office for further forward to New Providence to be processed.
- The Ministry of Housing will review the application and will also send an acknowledgement letter to the applicant.
- Due to the high demand for housing in The Bahamas, land is often oversubscribed; there are more applications than there are lots of land. In this case, a letter will be issued to applicant to this effect. If the applicant meets the requirement and a lot becomes available, the Department of Housing will contact the applicant by phone to inform of the availability. A letter of offer is also issued to the applicant.
- The letter of offer will states the location, cost of the property, deposit required and payment deadline.
- If the applicant does not pay by the required deadline the Department of Housing will issue a rescind letter and offer the property to another applicant on the list.
Ads by Google
- Proof of Bahamian Status (Passport / Certificate of Identity)
- Current National Insurance Card
- Recent Pay Slip
- Current Job Letter
There are no fees associated with this service.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Application form that can be used : Application form
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
MINISTRY OF HOUSING,
SHIRLEY ST. AND CHARLOTTE ST.
P. O. Box N-4849
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://www.bahamas.gov.bs
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other information which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.