Bahamas - Apply for Work Permit Form
This application is for persons applying to work in The Bahamas for a period exceeding thirty (30) days.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Full Name
- Place of Birth
- Date of Birth
- Present Nationality
- Previous Nationality
- Home Address
- Please print and complete application in full
- Submit this form along with specified supporting documents to The Department of Immigration, local Immigration Office, or Family Island Administrator in your area.
- Note: accompanying this application are two (2) bond forms;Regulation 16 - Single Bond to be filled out in the case where there is a single (1) employer, and Regulation 17 - Company Bond to be filled out by companies only.
Application Form for work permit form:
Ads by Google
- A letter of request from the prospective employer stating reasons for the application, the position and the period of time required;
- Application Form1, Section “A”, completed and notarized with a $4.00 Bahamian postage stamp affixed thereon;
- Two (2) passport sized photographs in colour with name printed on the reverse side;
- A copy of the information page of the applicant’s passport;
- A police Certificate (covering five (5) years residence immediately preceding the submission of the application) issued not more than six months prior to application;
- A medical certificate dated not more than thirty (30) days prior to the submission of the application;
- Written reference(s) from previous employer (s);
- Copies of certificates of examinations referred to in the application;
- Copies of local newspaper advertisements with replies thereto and results from interviews, if any;
- A certificate from the Department of Labour, with Notification of Vacancy attached, indicating that a Bahamian is not available to fill the position.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Immigration, Department of
(242) - 322-8504
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.