Bahamas - Apply for Temporary Business License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Secure Approval from BIA
- Register the company with the Registrar General Office where they will be issued with a Certificate of Incorporation.
- Submit the BIA approval along with the Certificate of Incorporation and a completed Business Registration Form A from the Business License Unit Offices
- The first part of the form is to register a business name, complete the entire application form and return to any of the Business License Division Offices. Where there are no Business License Division Offices, the form can be returned to a Treasury Office or a Family Island Administrator.
- Note: if any identified names are rejected, the applicant will be notified that the name choice was rejected and would be advised to select from the remaining choices previously given on the form.
- The following must also be submitted along with the application:
- Appropriate Registration Fee
- Approvals related to your selected business
- Once all document requirements are met, the applicant must pay the business license tax (fee) of 1% of the value of the contract.
- The application is then processed within 7 working days and the BLU office will contact the applicant to inform them that they can collect their license.
Application Form for temporary business license:
- Prerequisite Approval (s) from relevant government or regulatory agencies where required. To determine if your type of business requires additional government and regulatory approval, please review the Guide for Requirements for License, which is included in the application form.
- National Insurance Board Registration Number/Letter of Good Standing
- Certificate of Incorporation from the Registrar Generals Department must accompany the application along with annual company registration fee payment receipt
- Copy of the contract
- Letter of authorization for Third Parties/Appointed Representatives, where a Third Party is used, such as an accountant or lawyer authorizing them to conduct business on their behalf.
Office Locations & Contacts
Business License/Valuation Unit
Ground Floor Charlotte House
North Charlotte & Shirley Streets
P. O. Box 3017
E-mail: email@example.com or
Phone: (242) 325-2233, 325-1171, 325-2126
Fax: (242) 328-8003
Business ventures that require a temporary business license include:
- Non Bahamian Company
- Bahamian company with non-Bahamian partnership
- A foreign person
Fee for a Temporary license is 1% of the value of the contract.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Once an application form and all supporting documents have been submitted, it is processed immediately. Sometimes the time frame may require a longer period for processing based on the type of application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
All businesses are required to be licensed under the Business License Bill 2010. A non-Bahamian applying to conduct a specific business in The Bahamas for a period of time is required to apply for a Temporary Business License.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.