Bahamas - Apply for Taxi Cab License Grant
Vehicles bearing a Taxi-cab plate are to be strictly used for the purpose of hire and profit. To obtain a Taxi-Cab Franchise the process is shown below.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Full Name
- Telephone Number
- Place of Birth
- Applicant having been granted a Taxi-Cab plate must take the relevant documentation to the Road Traffic Department Inspection Centre to have their Public Service vehicle inspected Inspector will verify all relevant information and inspect the vehicle
- Upon being satisfied with the fitness of the vehicle (i.e. properly working taxi meter, vehicle interior and exterior etc.) the inspector will issue an Inspection Information Form (only for new vehicle) and an Inspection Pass Certificate
- Applicant must take the required documents along with the Inspection Pass Certificate to the Road Traffic Department Franchise Unit (Clarence Bain Building) for registration of the vehicle Registration Clerk will verify that the relevant vehicle and franchise information provided meets the requirements of the department. If satisfactory, the Clerk will register the vehicle
- Registration Clerk will calculate fees and issue Vehicle Information Disc for payment Applicant must take vehicle Information Disc and Pass Inspection Certificate to cashier for validation
- Cashier will inform the applicant of the required fees to have Vehicle Information Disc and Inspection Certificate validated Upon the applicant paying the required fees, the cashier will issue the valid Vehicle Information Disc and Inspection Permit
Application Form for Taxi Cab License link:
Ads by Google
- Taxi-cab Franchise Application Form
- Valid Public Service Drivers License
- Valid Certificate of Insurance
- Valid Business License TAXI Sign Displayed on Vehicle
- Franchise Grant Letter
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Road Traffic Department
Clarence Bain Bldg
P.O. Box N 1615
Tel. (242) 302-3850
Fax. (242) 322-8910
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.