Bahamas - Apply for Self-Start Programme or Start-up Funding Programme
This procedure provides you information about how to apply for a Self-Start Programme or a government Startup Funding Programme in The Bahamas. The Self-Starter Programme is a government funded grant-based programme to empower young Bahamian citizens, 18 to 30 years, seeking to establish or expand small businesses. It will provide aspiring entrepreneurs with a valid small business idea, self-employed and unemployed, with funding from BS$1000 to BS$5000 to acquire tools and supplies for their businesses. Funds will be paid directly to the supplier.
Must be a Bahamian citizen or resident, between the ages of 18 and 30.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since January 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Application forms for the Funding Programme forms may be collected at The Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture. Alternatively, you can use the following link : Application forms.
- The applicant must fill out and submit the application form to the ministry, along with all supporting documents. Applicants on the following Family Islands may submit their applications to the Jump Start Programme Coordinators:
- All other Family Island applicants may submit their applications through the Family Island Administrator.
- The Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture will write the applicant acknowledging receipt of the application.
- The committee meets once every two months to consider all applications submitted during that period. The applicant is informed of committee’s decision.
- Once successful the applicant must go into Ministry of Youth, Sports and Culture, along with the Business Licence and Quotation for tools and supplies requested.
- The Department of Youth will process the purchase order for the relevant suppliers. Once purchase orders are prepared the applicant is informed that the purchase orders are ready for collection. The applicant must walk with national photo ID to collect the purchase order. These purchase orders will be used to purchase supplies/tools at the store.
- Upon purchasing the supplies/tools, the applicant must then return to the ministry with the receipts to match each purchase order. It is advised that applicants make copies of all receipts for their personal records.
- The Department of Youth then prepare the corresponding cheques, which will be sent directly to the respective establishments.
- During the first six to twelve months of the business, ministry officials will also carry out follow up site visits.
Ads by Google
- Two Passport Photographs
- Two Written Leters of Reference
- Proof of Citizenship (First four pages of Passport)
- Current Business License
- Proof of National Insurance
- Health Certificate (for business involving food)
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Application forms that can be used : Application forms
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
MINISTRY OF YOUTH, SPORTS & CULTURE,
P. O. Box N-3913
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://www.bahamas.gov.bs
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other information which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.