Bahamas - Apply for Processing Plant License
This license authorizes the processing of seafood on a land-based processing facility.
Persons who wish to engage in the processing, wholesale distribution, and export of seafood.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of Applicant
- Type of License
- Source of potable water
- List additional documentation accompanying application
For a New license:
- Complete and submit relevant application form.
- Submit prerequisite documentation.
- Undergo inspection by the Department of Marine Resources.
- Pay relevant fee upon approval.
For a Renewal license:
- The applicant must indicate and submit any revised documentation if there have been changes to their previously submitted documentation or to the layout of their facility.
- For the Family Islands, this service is completed through the Department of Marine Resources in the Family Islands. The applications will be processed and approved at the Department of Marine Resources in New Providence.
Application Form for processing plant license:
Ads by Google
- Completed Application Form.
- Valid Business License.
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- Certificate of Sanitation.
- Sanitation Standard Operating Procedure Document.
- Flow Chart (specify products).
- Scaled drawing of the plant layout.
- Water Distribution Map.
- Pest Control Map.
- Valid Health Certificate.
The license is valid for one fiscal year beginning on January 1st and expiring on December 31st. The License must be renewed annually.
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Five working days, once application and prerequisite documents are complete, and the facility meets the documented standards.
Department of Marine Resources
East Bay Street
P.O. Box N-3028
Nassau, New Providence
Tel. (242) 393-1777
Fax. (242) 393-0238
Family Island Office Locations and Contact Information:
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.