Bahamas - Apply for Passport
A passport is a document, issued by a national government, which certifies the identity and nationality of its holder for the purpose of international travel. The following is the process for applying a passport in Bahamas.
You can apply for a Bahamian passport if you are a citizen of The Bahamas by either:
- Birth, and you did not relinquish your citizenship prior to applying for a passport
- Registration or naturalisation (through approval of the Immigration Department)
- Descent (you were born to a parent who was a Bahamian citizen at the time of your birth).
- Legal Adoption (you were adopted by a citizen of The Bahamas in The Bahamas).
Ads by Google
- All applicants MUST provide a National Insurance Card along with their application form.
- A police report is required where a previous passport has been lost, stolen or destroyed.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Fill out the application form. Note: Children 10 years and over must sign the application form. All persons 14 years and above must be fingerprinted.
- Citizens may submit their applications and supporting documents in person at the Passport offices or online.
- For On-line Submittable Form and e-Calendar Appointment Form visit the ePassport web site at epassport.bahamas.gov.bs or click the PDF form below for a downloadable form that you may fill and deliver to nearest passport agency.
How to apply for a passport appointment:
The process for applying for an appointment can be achieved in three simple steps.
- Step 1.
Enure you have an email account to receive appointment notifications. If you do not have an email account you can Sign Up for one here.
- Step 2.
Complete and submit the Online Form on this site. https://epassport.bahamas.gov.bs/ecalendar/Application.aspx
- Step 3.
You will receive an email with your appointment details.
- Please ensure you have all the required and recommended documentation before attending the scheduled appointment.
Passport Application form link:
Ads by Google
- Application Form needs to be completed in BLOCK LETTERS (e.g. DOE, JOHN) and Black or Blue ink only.
- Authentication of Application: The application must be authenticated and countersigned by a Marriage Officer/ Medical Practitoner/Counsel and Attorney of the Supreme Court/an Officer of or above the rank of Assistant Head of a Government Department/a Bank Officer/ Magistrate/a Justice of the Peace who has been personally acquainted with the applicant for at least two years. A member of the applicant's immediate family is not authorized to authenticate the application.
- The following needs to be produced along with the completed Application Form: Supporting Documents:
- Birth Certificate (and/or Passport for expired Passport holders)
- If the birth certificate or name is not registered, a Baptismal Certificate and an affidavit by two persons who have knowledge of such birth, or such additional evidence as may be requested.
- Naturalization Certificate
- Registration Certificate
- Certificate of Registration
- Marriage Certificate (if the applicant is a married woman)
- Applicants claiming Bahamian Citizenship by descent need to produce a Birth Certificate, the Birth Certificates of their parents, their Marriage Certificate, Naturalization, Registration or Certification documents
- Applicants born in The Bahamas after 09 July 1973, must submit the mother's Birth Certificate, or the father's Birth Certificate and the parents' Marriage Certificate in addition to the documents mentioned in 1 a
- A Deed Poll in the case of a name change other than by marriage.
- Three copies of a recent colour photograph (not more than 6 months old).
- The photograph must be:
- Passport style and size of image should be 45mm * 35mm (Height * Width).
- A recent and true likeness, showing full face, with no hat, helmet, tinted glasses, or, tinted contact lenses and not mounted.
- Taken against a plain, evenly lit and light background.
- The person who countersigns the application is also required to endorse the reverse side of one copy of the photograph with the words: "I certify that this is a true likeness of the applicant (Mr., Mrs., Miss)-" and add his/her signature.
$ 25.00 Child`s Passport
$ 50.00 Regular Passport
$100.00 Frequent Traveller`s Passport
$ 20.00 Certificate of Identity
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
FOREIGN AFFAIRS, MINISTRY OF
EAST HILL STREET
P. O. Box N-3746
(242)323-5565/78 or (242)397-9300
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.