Bahamas - Apply for Occasional Business License
All businesses are required to be licensed under the Business License Bill 2010. Any person who wishes to conduct business in the short term must apply for an Occasional Business License. The period must not exceed seven days. An Occasional License can be granted for a maximum of four times per year. Business ventures that require an occasional business license include:
- Carry on a sales business
- Stage a business event or trade show
- Vend at regattas, farmers’ market, or community event
Any Bahamian citizen or permanent Resident. Non-Bahamian applying to conduct a specific Business in the Bahamas for a period of time is required to apply for a temporary Business License.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- The applicant must gain approval from the event/show of interest.
- Submit the approval letter along with other supporting documents to Business License Unit Offices.
- Collect the Business Registration Application form and tick the Occasional License box.
- Once all document requirements are met, the application is then processed within 7 working days and the Occasional License is issued.
- The BLU office will contact the applicant to inform them that they can collect their license.
- The applicant must then return to the Business License Office to pay the license fee, provide ID and collect their license.
Application Form for occasional business license:
Ads by Google
- Copy of passport
- Letter of approval for event/show
- Vendors’ permit
- Public health Certificate
The fee for an Occasional License is BS$25.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Once an application form and all supporting documents have been submitted, it is processed within 7 working days.
Business License/Valuation Unit
Ground Floor Charlotte House
North Charlotte & Shirley Streets
P. O. Box 3017
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Phone: (242) 325-2233, 325-1171, 325-2126 Fax: (242) 328-8003
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.