Bahamas - Apply for Marine Mammal Research Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Complete the relevant application form.
- Submit completed application form along with the required supporting documents to the Department of Marine Resources.
- Upon approval of the application, the Applicant will be required to pay the required fee.
- Permit will then be issued to the Applicant.
Application Form for permit to research marine mammal:
- Completed application form.
- A letter of recommendation (if available).
- Names of any publications.
- Academic qualifications.
- Completed past research project to establish validity of research.
- Copies of passport of all persons named on the application.
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Marine Resources
East Bay Street
P.O. Box N-3028
Nassau, New Providence
Tel. (242) 393-1777
Fax. (242) 393-0238
There are no eligibility criteria for this service.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Full names and addresses of persons or body making application and names and address of sponsor(s)
- Type and purpose of the marine mammal/product research
- Dates of proposed research project
- Name, registration number and brief description of the type of vessel or carrier
- Date, Port and method of arrival in the Bahamas
- Precise location where the research is to be undertaken
- Proposed cruise plan indicating ports of entry and exits with routes to be followed
Need for the Document
A Marine Mammal Research Permit is required for properly qualified persons to engage in scientific research activities within The Bahamas which is directed towards any species of marine mammals. Persons who would be interested in this type of Permit include the following:
- Local foreign tertiary institutes.
- Local and foreign companies authorized to hold marine mammals.
- Individual researchers (local and foreign).
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.