Bahamas - Apply for Marine Mammal Import License
A Marine Mammal Import Permit is required to allow the importation of any marine mammal species into The Bahamas. Citizens or local companies authorized to hold marine mammals will be interested in obtaining this type of permit.
- Proof that the marine mammal is legally exported from its country of origin.
- Proof that the marine mammal is in good health.
- Proof that import of the marine mammal is approved under the Animal Health Act.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of Applicant
- Type of license requested
- Processing Plant or Factory Vessel Approval Number
- Product Brand Name
- List products and product types to be imported
- Destination Country
- Origin Country
- Description of Product Storage Facilities
- List additional documentation accompanying application
- Complete the relevant application form.
- Submit completed application form along with the required supporting documents to the Department of Marine Resources.
- Pay the required fee.
- Permit will then be issued to the applicant.
Application Form for license to import marine mammal:
Ads by Google
- Completed application form.
- Veterinary Health certification from country of origin.
- Export approval from country of origin.
- Import permit under the Animal Health Act.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Five to ten businesses days.
Department of Marine Resources
East Bay Street
P.O. Box N-3028
Nassau, New Providence
Tel. (242) 393-1777
Fax. (242) 393-0238
And Family Islands Contact Information:
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.