Bahamas - Apply for License to Export Seafood
This license authorizes the persons operating processing plants as well as factory vessels to export seafood from The Bahamas.
Must be in possession of a factory vessel license or a processing plant license.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of Applicant
- Type of License requested
- Processing Plant or Factory Vessel Approval Number
- Product Brand Name
- Products to be exported
- Product forms to be exported
- Destination countries
- Countries of Origin
- Description of Product Storage Facilities
For a New license
- Complete and submit relevant application form.
- Submit prerequisite documentation.
- Undergo inspection by the Department of Marine Resources.
- Pay relevant fee upon approval.
For a Renewal license
- The applicant must indicate and submit any revised documentation if there have been changes to their previously submitted documentation or any changes to the products for export.
- For the Family Islands, this service is completed through the Department of Marine Resources in the Family Islands. The applications will be processed and approved at the Department of Marine Resources in New Providence.
Application Form for Seafood Export License:
Ads by Google
- Must be in possession of a factory vessel license or processing plant license.
- Hazard analysis documentation ( specify product).
- HACCP Plan documentation ( specify product).
- Must have at least 2 HACCP certified persons employed by the plant or facility.
BS$500.00 per product
The license is valid for the product season: Lobster (August 1st to March 31st) Stone crab (October 16th to May 31st) Scale Fish (January 1st to December 31st )
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Five working days, once application and prerequisite documents are complete, and the facility meets the documented standards.
Department of Marine Resources
East Bay Street
P.O. Box N-3028
Nassau, New Providence
Tel. (242) 393-1777
Fax. (242) 393-0238
For other office locations and contact numbers, follow this link:
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.