Bahamas - Apply for Driver Learner Permit
This service is provided for persons learning to drive.
Applicant must be a minimum of 17 years of age.
Ads by Google
- Permit holders when driving any vehicle which he/she has not qualified by test to drive, must carry the prescribed "L" plates at the front and back of the vehicle.
- Permit holders should always be accompanied by a supervisor except when under going the driving test or when driving a solo motor-cycle or vehicle, other than a motor car, not constructed or adapted to carry more than one person.
- The supervisor must hold a current license, other than a provisional license to drive the class of vehicle being driven by the provisional license holder and must have passed the driving test or held license to drive not less than two years.
- Last Name
- Full Christian Name
- Permanent Address
- National Insurance Number
- Passport Number
- Date of Birth
- Complete application for a License to Drive a Motor Vehicle Form. Applicants must apply in person.
- Submit form and supporting documents to the Road Traffic Department (Note: processing can begin at age 16 years and 11 months, however permit will not be issued until the applicant is 17 years old).
- Submit form, fee and supporting documents to the Clerk at the Road Traffic Department.
- The Clerk will check all documents and if you meet the requirements, you will be presented with a receipt to take to the Cashier along with your fee payment.
- The Cashier will issue you with a receipt of payment. You should then return this receipt to the Clerk who will process your documents and issue a Provisional License.
Application Form for a license to drive: http://forms.bahamas.gov.bs/documents/RTD_APPLICATION%20FOR%20LICENCE%20TO%20DRIVE.pdf
Ads by Google
- National Insurance Card
- Completed Application Form
- Official Picture ID
- Non-Bahamians should present Passport, Permission to Reside issued by The Bahamas Immigration Department, via Work Permit, Residency, Spousal Permit or Permanent Resident.
A learner’s permit is only valid for six months.
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The Learner’s Permit can be provided within the same day of your visit to the Road Traffic Department once all required documents and fee are presented.
Road Traffic Department
Clarence Bain Bldg
P.O. Box N 1615
Tel. (242) 302-3850
Fax. (242) 322-8910
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.