Bahamas - Apply for Certificate of Naturalization
All other foreign nationals who wish to be afforded the rights, responsibilities, and privileges afforded to Bahamians, and qualify, must apply for naturalized citizenship.
This application is for the following categories of persons applying for citizenship in The Bahamas:
- Children born in The Bahamas to Non-Bahamian parents who are from Non-Commonwealth Countries;
- Male spouse of Bahamian citizens that are Non-Commonwealth citizens or British protected persons (individuals must have at least seven (7) years lawful residence-one must be the year preceding the application).
Ads by Google
- Please print form on letter size paper and complete.
- Submit this form along with specified supporting documents to The Department of Immigration, local Immigration office or to the Family Island Administrator in your area.
- Original Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Father's Full Name
- Mother's Full Name before Marriage
- Permanent Residential Address
- Fill out appropriate application form.
- Attach the completed application form to supporting documents.
- Submit to the Department of Immigration, along with the fee payment
Application form for Certificate of Naturalization link:
Ads by Google
- A cover letter of request addressed to the Director of Immigration
- 2 passport size photographs in colour;
- Applicant's passport;
- Letters from all schools attended;
- Parents’ birth certificates;
- Certified English translations and originals of all foreign documents with a $4.00 Bahamian postage stamp attached to each;
- Passports (if applicable);
- Birth certificate of applicant and spouse (where applicable);
- A recent medical certificate, dated not more than thirty (30) days prior to the submission of the application;
- Marriage certificate (where applicable);
- A recent police certificate, dated not more than six (6) months prior to the submission of the application;
- Work Permit, Permit to Reside or Permanent Resident (where applicable);
- Information page of applicant’s passport.
BS$100.00 PROCESSING FEE / money order payable to the Public Treasury.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Department of Immigration
P. O. Box N-831
Tel. (242) 322-7530/9
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.