Bahamas - Apply for Certificate of Naturalization
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Fill out appropriate application form.
- Attach the completed application form to supporting documents.
- Submit to the Department of Immigration, along with the fee payment
Application form for Certificate of Naturalization link:
- A cover letter of request addressed to the Director of Immigration
- 2 passport size photographs in colour;
- Applicant's passport;
- Letters from all schools attended;
- Parents birth certificates;
- Certified English translations and originals of all foreign documents with a $4.00 Bahamian postage stamp attached to each;
- Passports (if applicable);
- Birth certificate of applicant and spouse (where applicable);
- A recent medical certificate, dated not more than thirty (30) days prior to the submission of the application;
- Marriage certificate (where applicable);
- A recent police certificate, dated not more than six (6) months prior to the submission of the application;
- Work Permit, Permit to Reside or Permanent Resident (where applicable);
- Information page of applicants passport.
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Immigration
P. O. Box N-831
Tel. (242) 322-7530/9
This application is for the following categories of persons applying for citizenship in The Bahamas:
- Children born in The Bahamas to Non-Bahamian parents who are from Non-Commonwealth Countries;
- Male spouse of Bahamian citizens that are Non-Commonwealth citizens or British protected persons (individuals must have at least seven (7) years lawful residence-one must be the year preceding the application).
BS$100.00 PROCESSING FEE / money order payable to the Public Treasury.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Please print form on letter size paper and complete.
- Submit this form along with specified supporting documents to The Department of Immigration, local Immigration office or to the Family Island Administrator in your area.
- Original Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Father's Full Name
- Mother's Full Name before Marriage
- Permanent Residential Address
Need for the Document
All other foreign nationals who wish to be afforded the rights, responsibilities, and privileges afforded to Bahamians, and qualify, must apply for naturalized citizenship.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.