Argentina - Replace a Stolen or Damaged License Plate
Vehicle registration is a requirement by the state. It's purpose is to establish clear ownership and to tax motorist or vehicle owners.Almost all vehicles bears a unique vehicle identification number, but only registered ones display a vehicle registration plate and carry a vehicle registration certificate.
A motor vehicle may only be driven on public roads if it is registered and displays a plate number. The vehicle must comply with regulations and meet road safety requirements and be covered by third party insurance.
Following are procedures on how you can replace a stolen or damaged license plate in Argentina.
The applicant or the applicant's proxy/agent may apply for the procedure.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Gather all documents you will need to present or submit to apply for the procedure.
- Your application to replace a stolen or damaged license plate must be filed in the records section of the DNRPA office where the vehicle is registered.
- Submit the completed form along with all other required documents.
- In the registry you will be given a temporary paper plates made up letters and red numbers which you will be using until your duplicate metal plates are ready.
Ads by Google
- Proof of identity:
- For Nationals of Argentina: DNI, LC or LE.
- For foreigners:
- Non residents: Passport
- Permanent residents: DNI
- From Neighboring countries: ID, CI, CI country of origin or passport.
- Vehicle title
- Schedule of automotive.
- Application Form "02"
- Application Form "59" in case the process is initiated by a representative.
Note: In case the holder can not be in the registry personally, the signature on the Application Type "02" must be notarized and presented by someone in possession of the DNI (the authority shall, in Form "59", identity the presenter)
- Fees are paid when you file your petition and not when your petition is granted.
- The fees can be paid in cash or through VISA Electron or Maestro card.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Temporary paper plates will be issued to the applicant after all required documents are submitted. Duplicate metal plates may be delivered to the applicant after 15 days.
DIR. NAC. DE LOS REGISTROS NACIONALES DE LA PROPIEDAD DEL AUTOMOTOR Y CRÉDITOS PRENDARIOS - DNRPA
(National Registry of Motor Vehicles of Argentina)
1414 AJW C
Subway: Line B (Malabia - O. Pugliese)
Buses: 15, 34, 55, 65, 71, 76, 127, 166, 168
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- DNRPA Website:
More information which might help people.