Argentina - Register a Marriage
Marriage in Argentina must be registered. Under Argentina's Federal constitutional scheme, each province has organised its own Civil Registry Offices. Thus, most of the process to arrange a civil marriage to take place depends on each province's regulations.
- Argentinian couple must be of legal age: 18 years old and above. (For minors, certain conditions apply, please see the list of required documents below.)
Ads by Google
- To find a local Civil Registry Office, click on this link: http://buenosaires.angloinfo.com/redirect/url/www.registrocivil.gov.ar/areas/registrocivil/InfoUtil/rcenpais.php?menu_id=804
- A civil marriage performed in Argentina is recognized and valid in most other countries (except for same-sex marriages).
- After scheduling the date for the marriage, the couple must appear for a blood test at a public hospital within seven days prior to the intended date of marriage.
- Place of marriage
- Date of marriage
- Name and Surname of the husband
- Name and Maiden Name of the wife
- Age of the husband
- Age of the wife
- Marital status of husband and wife
- Addresses of husband and wife - present addresses (foreign addresses are not allowed)
- Occupation of husband
- Occupation of wife
- Name and occupation of husband’s father
- Name and occupation of wife’s father
- Signatures of husband and wife
- Signatures of witnesses
- Signature of Marriage Officer or Magistrate
- Go to a local Civil Registry Office. Bring the required documents.
- Present and submit the documents.
- Complete an Application form for marriage.
- Pay the necessary fee.
Ads by Google
- Identification documents of both parties:
- non-residents must show a passport (showing appropriate legal immigration status in the country);
- residents must show their National Identity Document (Documento Nacional de Identidad - DNI). A photocopy of such identification documents shown must be submitted
- If either member of the couple has been divorced or widowed he or she should supply a certified copy of the divorce decree or death certificate, as the case may be.
- If the copy has been certified outside of Argentina, it should be legalized in its country of issuance (either with an "Apostille" or at an Argentine consulate).
- In the case of divorced persons, if the prior marriage was celebrated or the divorce has been decreed outside of Argentina, the foreign marriage certificate and/or divorce decree should first be registered with an Argentine Civil Registry Office, through a court procedure.
- If both the prior marriage and the divorce were celebrated and decreed, respectively, outside of Argentina, the new marriage is subject to prior authorization by the city of Buenos Aires Civil Registry Office
- Minors (any person aged less than 18):
- identification documents
- birth certificate
- identification documents of parents, and authorization for marriage granted by both parents, the minor's guardian, or by an Argentine court.
- In case of foreign birth certificates, they should be legalized in their country of issuance (either with an "Apostille" or at an Argentine consulate).
- Application procedure: $26
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Registro Provincial de las Personas
Calle 1 N° 1342 esq. 60
(1900) La Plata
Tel: +54 (0221) 429-6200
Email: Departamento de Relaciones con la Comunidad
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.