Argentina - Obtain a Pet Passport (Import Export or Transport Pet)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You will need to submit a sanitary certificate. The certificate ensures that the animal has been examined prior to its departure and shows no symptoms of any disease typical of its species.
- The animals meeting all the requirements established by the Import Regulations for Cats and Dogs will not be subject to import quarantine. If it is suspected of being affected with a disease, either infectious or contagious zoonotic or of high risk for the Argentine Republic, the personnel of the Service will arrange the necessary means to ensure its isolation and/or the corresponding quarantine measures.
- It would be wise that you get in touch with the authorities in the country where your pet will be coming from and inquire about their exportation procedures before arranging for the shipment of your pets.
- For pets coming in the UK: It is suggested to legalise all the UK documentation to be submitted in Argentina, with the Apostille at the British Legalisation Office, Foreign & Commonwealth Office and translate them into Spanish.
If you are outside Argentina
You may use the link provided under "Office Locations & Contacts" to get in touch with the nearest embassy of Argentina in the country you are currently staying. The embassy may be able to help you process your request to obtain a pet passport or import permit for your pet.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
SERVICIO NACIONAL DE SANIDAD Y CALIDAD AGROALIMENTARIA
AV. PASEO COLN N 367 - ACD1063
BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
Telephone: (+54 - 011) 4121-5000
Other Contact Numbers
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Servicio Nacional De Sanidad Y Calidad Agroalementaria (SENESA) is an organization in Argentina in charge of regulations concerning pets (dogs and cats) entering and leaving the country.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.