Argentina - Obtain a Drivers License
A driver's license is a legal document issued by the state. It expresses a persons capability to operate a motorized vehicle, such as a motorcycle, car, truck or a bus, on a public roadway. Laws relating to the issuance of licenses vary between jurisdictions.
Following are procedures on how you can obtain a driver's license in Argentina.
National Drivers License:
- 21 years old: for classes: C, D and E
- 17 years old: for the remaining classes
- 16 years old: for mopeds
Ads by Google
Seguridad Vial (National Road Safety Agency) is the authority responsible for the issuance of National Drivers Licenses in Argentina's provinces, municipalities and at the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires.
A: For mopeds, motorcycles and tricycles.
- A.1: 50cc mopeds up.
- A.2.1: Motorcycles (including mopeds and tricycles) up to 150 cc displacement. **A.2.2: Motorcycles (including mopeds and tricycles) from 150 cc and up to 300 cc displacement.
- A.3: Motorcycles (including mopeds and tricycles) over 300 cc displacement
- A.4: Motorcycles (including mopeds and tricycles) any displacement referred to in the preceding paragraphs of this class, which are used for the transport of all commercial and industrial activity.
B: For cars and trucks with trailer weighing up to 750 kilograms
- B1: Automobiles, vans, trucks and motorized RV's up 3,500 kg. in total weight.
- B2: Cars and vans weighing up to 3,500 kg. Weight of the trailer up to 750 kg. Or non-motorized trailer
C: For trucks without trailer and included in class B. Trailer or semi-trailer trucks without trailers and motor homes over 3,500 kg. in total weight. And motor weight included in the B1 class.
D: Passenger service, emergency and safety vehicles, and vehicles belonging to class B or C, as appropriate.
- D.1: Automotive service passenger up to 8 seats and vehicles included in class B.1.
- D.2: Service vehicles carry more than 8 passengers and vehicles under class B, C and D.1;
- D.3: Emergency service vehicles and the like.
E: For hinged or trailer, especially not including farm machinery and trucks in class B and C
- E.1: Articulated trucks and / or trailers and vehicles in Classes B and C
- E.2: Special machineries not used in farms.
- E.3: Vehicles that are used to transport dangerous cargoes.
F: Motor vehicles to be used to transport people with disabilities. Automotive in Classes B and professionals, as appropriate, customized to the need of its disabled owner. Drivers who aspire to obtain this license, must personally apply for the license and present the vehicle (customized or equiped according to their needs) they will be using.
G: Agricultural tractors and farm machineries.
- G1: Agricultural tractors.
- G2: Special agricultural machineries.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- To be able to apply for a driver's license, applicants must first attend a theoretical and practical driving course.
- Prepare all documents you will need to obtain a license (ID, medical certificate)
- Once you are done with the course, you may now apply and take the exams needed for the grant of the license. The applicant must pass a theoretical and practical course, the corresponding psychophysical examination and three (3) ability and knowledge tests.
- Fill up an application form and submit it along with all other required documents and pay all necessary fees.
Note: For applicants who failed, you will need to wait 30 days before you can retake the exam. Applicants are given 3 chances to pass the driving exam.
Ads by Google
- Completed application form
- Original and copy of ID
- CeNAT Certificate issued by the National Registry of Background Traffic on offenses and penalties on the occasion of traffic, more specific reports for the requested category
- Medical certificate
- First time applicants: proof of having completed a theoretical and practical driving course
- Proof that the applicant passed all the exams needed for the grant of the license (theory and practical)
The amount varies depending on where you are obtaining your license.
Argentina's National Driver's License may be granted for a maximum period of five (5) years. The validity of the license can be reduced by the authority responsible for its issuance depending on the license holder's situation and in accordance with the guidelines established by the National Highway Traffic Safety Agency.
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
National Road Safety Agency
Av Brasil 55 - 11 ° Piso - C1063AAA
Phone: + 54 (011) 5295-2400
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Seguridad Vial Website:
More information which might help people.