Argentina - Obtain Free My Digital TV Decoder
Argentina's National Government designed a program that gives its citizens the chance to gain access to "My Digital TV" by distributing free digital TV decoders to qualified and deserving applicants.
Following is a procedure on how to apply for a free digital TV decoder.
- state establishments whose purpose and/or function is to promote social and cultural awareness and produces educational and /or promotional campaign through audiovisual presentations.
- social organizations, civil nonprofit associations, foundations or cooperatives, aimed at promoting social and cultural awareness and produces educational and /or promotional campaign through audiovisual presentations.
- Homes: Recipients of any of the following:
- Non-contributory pensions: old-age pension (age 70, mothers of 7 or more children, disability / disability- persons having 76% or more)
- Universal Child Allowance (AUH).
- Retirement and/or pension with national and/or provincial minimum assets.
- Beneficiaries of social plans of some sort that are referred to in any of the registers of governmental bodies.
- Those members of households in a situation of vulnerability that are not covered in the above categories.
Argentina's Ministry of Federal Planning supports the SME sector by providing them with free TDA. So, if you have a shop, a tourist office, a space to the public or the local gastronomy, you can apply for a free TDA by calling 0800-333-8322 and ask how you can apply for a free monthly subscription.
Note: For citizens who are not covered by the program, you may purchase a TV decoder in different stores around the country.
Ads by Google
My Digital TV
The TV Digital Abierta (TDA) service by the Ministry of Federal Planning, is a TV platform that uses the most modern digital technology to transmit high quality image and sound for free, which also offers other interactive services.
There are two ways of transmitting TDA: terrestrial and by using satellites.
The system of Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) allows digital antennas to send the digital signal to the receiving equipment. The device converts digital signal into images and sounds that can be displayed on any type of screen.
Digital Television satellite (TDS) is a system of transmission and reception of TV signal that is broadcast from a satellite to the receiving antennas. The TDS fundamental objective is to reach other areas of the country which is due to its geographical conditions and/or of low population density, are outside the area of coverage of the Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT).
Argentina today is going through a transition process which involves the transition from analog television to Digital Television. This process will be developed for several years until the "analog Blackout', which means all signals being transmitted are in digital form. The mentioned "analogical blackout" brings forth a deep cultural and technological change, that's why in order to open access to new technologies to all citizens, the Ministry launched the "My TV Digital" program, making sure everyone are given the chance to be included in the country's keeping up with technological advancements.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- To apply for a free TV decoder, you must fill up an application form. The forms are available on the 'Documents to use' section along with instruction on how you must complete the form.
- Submit the completed form to a corresponding branch of the Argentine post which is closest to your home or office. Do not forget to attach required documents.
For questions and inquiries you can call free from anywhere in the country at 0800-888-6488 / 0800-888-0832, every day 9.00 to 21.00 pm., including Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
You may also access TDA's website.
Ads by Google
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
- Application Form for Households ; Instructions on how to complete the form - Households
- Application forms for businessess and social organizations; Instructions on how to complete the form - Businessess and social organizations
- Complaints and / or suggestions form; Instructions on how to complete the form - Complaints/suggestions
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Ministry of Federal Planning
Prensa y Comunicación TDA
Cabildo 65, C1426AAA, CABA
Technical assistance and complaints:
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.