Argentina - Obtain Death Certificate
This procedure provides you information on how to obtain a copy of a death certificate in Argentina.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Go to the civil registry office where the death was registered, you may use the link provided under "Office Location and Contacts" section for contact information and address.
- Make sure that you bring a valid identification in case the registry officer will need to verify your identity.
- When you submit your request at the Civil Register make sure that you have provided these important details which will make searching for the record easier:
- Name of the deceased
- Date of birth
- Date of death
- Place of death
- Pay for the certificate.
If you are in Buenos Aires
You may use this link to order your certificate online - link.
If you are outside Argentina
You may use the link provided under "Office Locations & Contacts" to get in touch with the nearest Embassy of Argentina in the country you are currently staying. The Embassy's consular service section will be able to process your request to obtain a copy of a death certificate.
If you have relatives in Argentina, you may authorize them to obtain the certificate from the Civil Registry Office where the death was registered.
You may also submit your request online and have the certificate mailed to you:
To order a certificate online:
- Go to Ministry of Interior's Web site: www.mininterior.gov.ar (spanish only)
- Select: “Tramites y Servicios”.
- Look for this tab - “ Partidas y Certificados para residentes en el exterior” - Link
- Select the type of certificate you are request and simply provide all required information.
Ads by Google
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Provincial Registry of Persons
Customer service: 0800-999-6304
Phone: +54 (0221) 429-6200
Calle 1 N ° 1342 esq. 60 - La Plata
Buenos Aires Autonomous City
Registro de Estado Civil y Capacidad de las Personas
Uruguay 753, (1015) Buenos Aires, Argentina
Tel.: (54-11)4373-8441 al 45
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
A copy of the original death certificate is often needed to be presented in these following cases:
- claiming life insurance benefits
- claiming pensions
- settling estates
More information which might help people.