Argentina - Foreigner Apply for Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
To make an appointment online, go to this site: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesibleingles/?turno_online
For a Spouse or widower of an Argentine citizen
- National Identity Card
- Certificate issued by the consular authority corresponding to their nationality, which establishes the loss of it, or the reasons which prevent the authority to extend passport the interested.
- Birth, marriage and death statement or certificate, if any, or marriage certificate where it is stated its registration, only when the act is duly registered in the Argentina Republic, or otherwise, foreign birth and marriage statement or certificate translated into Spanish language with legalization of the Translators Association;
- Spouses Civic Book, Enrollment Book or National Identity Card, or spouse's naturalization papers for the purpose of verifying her/his Argentina nationality;
- Certificate issued by the National Direction of Migration proving their legal residence.
Children under 18 years old born abroad
- National Identity Card
- Birth certificate or statement, and adoption certificate as appropriate
- Parent or adoptive parents Enrollment Book or Certificate, or Civic Book, National Identity Card or birth certificate or naturalization papers, as appropriate, for the purpose of verifying their Argentina nationality.
Office Locations & Contacts
Antrtida Argentina Avenue 1355,
C1104ACA Buenos Aires
Hiplito Yrigoyen 952,
C1086AAP Buenos Aires
Rotaries Lines: (011) 4317-0234
General Direction of Migration
Direction of Control of Staying: Monday to Friday from 08:30 to 13:30 hr.
Foreigners who are residents of Argentina.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A passport is a document that certifies the identity and nationality of the holder for the purpose of traveling abroad.
According to Order 261/2011, the New Passport is issue by the Home Ministry through the National Registry of People, at all the Digital Offices of the country or Fast Document Centers in which the NIC is usually processed.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Foreigner's Passport: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesibleingles/?pasaporte
More information which might help people.