Argentina - Apply for National Identity (DNI/Documento Nacional de Identidad)
The ID card is a document that can be used for conducting all public and private transactions such as banking, immigration, lobbying public finance, trade, social security, and even to vote.
- Argentine citizens
- 14 years old above
Ads by Google
All offices of the Civil Registry accepts applications for the issuance of new DNI.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Contact the registrar or Documentation Center to apply for an ID. If you live in the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires you can go to the Management and Participation Centers, or you can arrange your ID at the Quick Center of the Ministry of Interior and Transportation. If you have registered elsewhere in the country, you can go to the following Quick Documentation Centres, subject to perform the procedure in the Civil Registry delegations of their respective districts or cities.
- Applicants must apply in person (no need to be accompanied by their parents)
- Along with the card, they will also process your application allowing you to cast your vote.
- The new ID card is delivered directly to the address stated by the citizen, through certified mail, upon presentation of proof of application. The mail service will visit the given address twice, undelivered ID's will be sent to the office where the application was processed, where it will be available for pickup.
Ads by Google
- Previous ID, if any
- Birth certificate, signed and sealed in the original public officer. Certificate is NOT accepted.
Processing fee: $ 35
Note: For applicants who are aged 15, there will be an additional fee of $35, bringing the total processing fee to $70 ($35 + $35)
For other rates:
New DNI of citizens over 14 years, Argentine or foreign, is valid for 15 years from the date it was issued.
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
ID's will be delivered 15 days after application procedures.
Ministry of Interior and Transport
May 25 101/145 C1002ABC - Buenos Aires
Contact Numbers: (54 11) 4339-0800
Email Contact Form: http://www.nuevodni.gov.ar/contacto.php
Management and Participation Centers
Quick Documentation Centres
Civil Registry Offices
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Getting an ID:
- Frequently asked Questions:
More information which might help people.