Argentina - Apply for Foreigners National Identity Card (NIC)
National Identity Card is the main identity document for Argentine citizens. The new National Identity Card for all Argentine citizens and those foreign residents, whose migration status will enable them, has a plastic format with different safety features to ensure its legitimacy.
Foreigners in Argentina
Ads by Google
- The NIC can be gotten by means of two methods:
- Single Box: allows the foreigner to apply for NIC in conjunction with the proceeding of residence at Headquarters authorized for that purpose by the National Direction of Migration and receive it at home. It is the right for those foreigners who have no permanent or temporary residence in force in the country.
- Traditional: foreigners whose migration status will enable them, may apply for it at the offices of the Civil Registries of the Country or in the Fast Document Centers available for this purpose by the National Direction of Migration. In both cases it is received at home. It is the right for those foreigners who already have permanent or temporary residence in force in the country.
- All the offices of the Civil Registries of the interior of the Country, are authorized to take proceedings of documentation generating with that request the issuance of the new NIC
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- If you wish to apply for a foreigners national identity card, you can make an appointment online through this site: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar.
- The granting of the appointment is free and does not require agents or intermediaries.
- Photographs will be taken without additional cost at the Headquarter of the National Direction of Migration.
Ads by Google
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Antártida Argentina Avenue 1355,
C1104ACA Buenos Aires
Hipólito Yrigoyen 952,
C1086AAP Buenos Aires
Rotaries Lines: (011) 4317-0234
General Direction of Migration
Direction of Control of Staying: Monday to Friday from 08:30 to 13:30 hr.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Foreigners National Identity Card: http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesibleingles/?dni_extranjeros
More information which might help people.