Algeria - Start a Business
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Calculate how much available capital you'll use to start your small business.
- Select the type of small business you want to open. The possibilities are virtually endless.
- Research the field completely. After you selected the type of small business you want to start, examine that field thoroughly. Find competitors, and see how they conduct their business.
- Construct a total plan of action. Write out in detail each step that stands between you and the ultimate goal of having a functioning small business.
- Decide on what type of business structure you will use and file the appropriate forms. Choose between a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation or LLC.
- Get your business license. For certain types of businesses, you must file for a license. The Small Business Administration website can tell you if you need a business license for your chosen type of business. Once you are licensed, you can begin conducting business.
- Original bill of lading
- Copies of invoices
- Phyto-sanitary health certificate (if applicable)
- Packing list
- Certificate of origin
Office Locations & Contacts
NATIONAL REGISTER OF TRADE CENTRE,
National Road No. 24 LIDO Algiers Bordj el Kiffan BP N � 18 16120 Algeria
Tel: 213 021.20.10.28 / 021.20.55.38
Fax: 021.20.19.71 213
Anyone who is interested and qualified to operate a business in Algeria.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- The opening up of the Algerian economy has made rapid progress over the past few years thus enabling its entry into the market economy.
- The legislation and regulations provide measures to encourage and facilitate the efforts of all investors, without distinction between domestic or foreign capital.
- In this context, Algeria has provided itself with an investment code modified by the ruling No. 01-03 of 20th August 2001 concerning the development of investments.
- This ruling offers a series of advantages to investors and has introduced the instruments necessary for a policy of investment promotion such as the National Investment Council chaired by the Head of the Government, the National Investment Development Agency (ANDI), with its central structures and its one-stop units which bring together all the administrative sectors concerned by investment action. The Agency also manages the Investment Support Fund.
- Business name
- Bank account number
- Criminal records
- Notarized information
Need for the Document
Algeria currently has a very favourable macro-economic situation.
The good performance of crude oil prices and the efficacious management of the external debt have helped to fill the State�s coffers.
However, the purchasing power of the inhabitants remains relatively limited.
In this context, the government is making an effort to give a boost to activity, to diversify and liberalize the economy and call upon private investment.
Information which might help
- The legal and taxation systems in Algeria are well established and based on French and Islamic Law. The systems are opaque and difficult to understand. Professional advice should be sought.
- Operating as a corporation or LLC does more than protect your personal assets�it tells customers, vendors and lenders that you are serious about service and success.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
The local branches of the National Centre of Trade Register, established in the chief towns of the 48 provinces remain entirely at your disposal to provide all the additional information required