Algeria - Register Birth, Death or Marriage
Births, deaths or marriages abroad involving citizens of Algeria must be reported to the Algerian diplomatic and consular representations in the country where it occured. The Algerian consulate will then notify the Civil Status Office in Algeria about the application for registration. Once the procedure is done, documents evidencing registration may now be obtained like, birth, death or marriage certificates.
- Birth of a child abroad whose parents are Algerian Nationals.
- Death of an Algerian National abroad.
- Citizens of Algeria living abroad may have his/her marriage registered at the Embassy.
Ads by Google
Applications for registration are submitted to Algerian diplomatic and consular representations in the country where it occured.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Fill in the application form needed in the registration process.
- Submit the form along with all other required documents.
- For those who registered their marriage at the embassy, a Family Book will be issued after registration.
Ads by Google
- Copy of the Consular card
- Original of marriage certificate.
- Original birth certificate (less than three months old) of applicants.
- Copy of the birth certificate of spouse if non Algerian National.
- Copy of the Consular card, (if not registered, original birth certificate of the father and grand-father)
- Original full birth certificate of the new born.
- Family book (Livret de famille) or a copy of marriage certificate.
Report of Death:
- Original death certificate
- If not registered, provide a birth certificate.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Address: 06 rue Promontory, Plateau Annassers, Kouba, 16000, Algiers, Algeria.
Telephone: +213 21 50 45 45
Fax: +213 21 50 41 41
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Algeria:
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.