Algeria - Obtain a Birth Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- If you were born in Algeria, and you live abroad, you can submit an online application to receive your �12S� birth certificate.
- The application form can be found at: http://demande12s.interieur.gov.dz
- You are required to register on the website, after which you will receive an e-mail containing your password.
- In order to register, please click on the �Register� tab, and enter your first and last names, as well as your e-mail address.
- Click on the �12S Application� tab and input your e-mail address, along with the password you�ve received, and click on �enter�.
- Fill out the submission form with the relevant information, and click on �register�
- By logging in, you can keep track of your applications by clicking on �Submission Tracking�. This will display the status of all of your applications.
- Your �12S� birth certificate will be retrievable at the registration office or Consulate at which you are registered.
- Copy of parent�s (s) valid registration card;
- The family book, if you have one;
- Prepaid Registered Post envelope for the return of the documents
Office Locations & Contacts
Palais du gouvernement,
01 Rue Dr SAADANE ALGER - ALGERIE
T�l: +213 126.96.36.199
Algerian nationals may obtain a birth certificate, by providing the family book or a copy of a previous birth certificate issued in Algeria.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
The process of either birth or marriage registration takes a minimum of a calendar month (depending on the number of applications).
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
For citizens born and registered in Algeria
They can ask for their birth certificate by registering and sending their request via the website made available to them by the Ministry of Interior and Local Authorities they can request this document directly from the place of their birth; Or they can provide a power of attorney (procuration) duly signed by our services to an adult of their choice who will perform the procedure for application and collection of the birth certificate in the place of their birth.
For nationals born abroad
Should ask for their birth certificate from the Consular services in which the registration of their birth was done.
- Type the characters series
Need for the Document
As a facilitating measure to obtain the special birth certificate "12 S", compulsory for the issuance of the biometric passport, Algerian citizens can, from now on, apply online for the special birth certificate "12 S" through a website made available to them by the Ministry of the Interior and Local Authorities: http://demande12s.interieur.gov.dz
The application s to be made after registration of the applicant.
The applicant can track online the progress of the processing of her/his application.
The citizen must come to the Consulate to withdraw his/her document when ready (the 12s can't be sent by mail).
Information which might help
Please note also that it is in the citizen's interest to provide all the documents listed under each category. Incomplete applications will not be accepted and those sent by mail will be returned to the sender.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Birth registration
- Identifying each National citizen.
Please be advised that it is in the citizen's interest not to delay the application for the registration of one's and/or kid's birth.