Algeria - Obtain Quality Certificate
To export any product to Algeria, the merchandise must pass an inspection process prior to shipment and obtain a quality certificate according to the standards of the Institut Algérien de Normalisation (IANOR).
The original copy of the Quality Certificate is needed for every shipment and should be issued in the country of export.
It is a mandatory document for Algerian Customs clearance.
Ads by Google
The conformity assessment and verification activities will be conducted by competent Certification & Inspection bodies in the exporting country; this will facilitate trade and avoid delays in customs clearance and potential losses that importers may be exposed to in case the goods are found noncompliant with the mandatory requirements.
- Services requested
- Applicant type
- Exporter (applicant) details
- Importer details
- Shipment details
- Shipment reference (if available)
- Shipment delivery
- Competent Certification & Inspection bodies shall issue a Quality Certificate for goods exported to Algeria following the review of reports from the following interventions:
- Physical inspection prior to shipment Sampling, testing and analysis in accredited laboratories
- The Quality Certificate is issued if the results from above interventions are in conformity with the requirements of the applicable technical regulations and standards
Ads by Google
- Certificate of Origin
- Test Reports (if applicable)
- Letters of Credit
- Packing list
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Issued within a maximum of 24 hours of the inspection if the results are satisfactory.
- Institut Algérien de Normalisation
5 et 7 rue Abou Hamou Moussa (ex-rue Daguerre)
B.P. 104 R.P
Tel: +213 21 64 21 41
Fax: +213 21 64 17 61
- Nippon Kaiji Kyokai (ClassNK) Algeria
Telephone: +213 21 721820
Fax: +213 21 721825
- DEKRA Certification Algeria
Lotissement BEN HADADI
DAR DIAF Villa N41
Telephone: +00 213 21 36 34 55
Fax: +00 213 21 36 37 56
- DNV (Det Norske Veritas) Algeria
16 Impasse Blancard
- TUV Group Algeria
08, rue Abou Nouas Hydra
Telephone: +213 21 60 64 52
- AFNOR Certification Algeria
Afaq Afnor International Algerie
19 A, Avenue Ahmed El Biar Khodja
Telephone: +213 21 92 53 07
Fax: +213 21 92 53 06
- RINA Algeria
21 Rue des Freres
Telephone: +213 0 21482622
- Bureau Veritas Algeria
21 Bis, Rue Mohamed Semani
Telephone: +213 21 60 36 73
Fax: +213 21 60 36 73
- Vincotte International Algeria
Vincotte International Algerie SPA
Telephone: +213 2 323 494 95
Fax: +213 21323498
- SGS Algeria
Cooperative El BADR
Boulevard du 11 DecemBre 1960
Telephone: +213 0 21 79 20 20
Fax: +213 021 79 21 21
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
IANOR is the National Standards Body. Its tasks include in particular:
- to ensure the development of national standards in coordination with the other sectors;
- to identify national standardization needs;
- to ensure the implementation of the national standardization plan;
- to ensure the dissemination of information on standardization and related activities;
- to manage the national information point on Technical Barriers to Trade of the World Trade Organization (WTO);
- to manage the mark of conformity to Algerian standards.
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
The key objective of the program is to make sure that all imported consignments of regulated products meet the mandatory quality, safety, and security requirements as per the Algerian technical regulations and standards approved by IANOR (Institut Algérien de Normalisation).