Algeria - Obtain Proof / Certificate of Origin
A specific form identifying the goods, in which the authority or body empowered to issue it, certifies expressly that the goods to which the certificate relates originate in a specific country. This certificate may also include a declaration by the manufacturer, producer, supplier, exporter or other competent person.
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Ads by Google
The Certificate of Origin comprises a three part set as follows:
- The Original Certificate (white coloured sheet printed in green)
- The Copy Certificate (green coloured)
- The Certificate Application (blue coloured) for retention by the Chamber
- Name of the consignor
- Name of the consignee
- Method of transport
- Consignor’s ref
- Place of origin
- Marks and numbers
- Quantity and the kind of package
- Description of goods
- Place and date of issue
- Issuing authority
The following conditions should be met when submitting invoices for certification/legalization:
- The invoice should be an original. Any copies required should be submitted at the same time.
- Two extra copies are required to act as the control and application copies (photocopies are acceptable)
- The full name and address of the Arab consignee at the final destination should appear on the invoice
- In all cases, the signature of the applicant on the document must meet the requirements of the country of final destination. (N.B. In case of doubt, a hand-written original signature is recommended)
- When invoices are not presented with a Certificate of Origin form, the country of origin and full name and address of the manufacturer are required
- Where an agent signs an invoice, the signature must be followed by the full name of the signatory, their status as agent and the address of the agent.
Ads by Google
- All documents must be originals
- As with Certificates of Origin and invoices, two extra copies are required to act as the control and application copies (photocopies are acceptable)
- All documents must show the country of final destination
- The document for certification/legalisation must bear the original signature of an authorised signatory of the company which originated the document and must be currently dated
- Where an agent signs an invoice, the signature must be followed by the full name of the signatory, their status as agent and the address of the agent
- Documents originating from a foreign source must show the name and address of the UK agent or representative. These must be signed by an authorised signatory of the UK agent or representative and be currently dated
- If the document relates to a particular consignment, it should be submitted with the related Certificate of Origin and/or invoice
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
- Regional Directorate of Algiers Exterior
14, rue Dar el Beida amar ali Algiers
Phone: 0021321 508475
Fax: 0021321 508360
- Regional Directorate of Algiers Port
Street Béziers-Algiers Algeria
Phone: 0021321 754350
Fax: 0021321 744469
- Regional Directorate of Annaba
Port before Annaba Algeria
- Regional Directorate of Bechar
Shelf sea Niger Bechar Algeria
Phone: 002134981 7735
Fax: 002134981 6074
- Regional Directorate of Setif
Financial District 600 housing Setif
Phone: 002133691 01 75/77
- Regional Directorate of Tamanrasset
BP 87 Tamanrasset Algérie
- Regional Directorate of Oran
Barki Oran Algeria
Phone: 0021341 394952/54
Fax: 0021341 392666
- Regional Directorate Tébessa
Road Tébessa Constantine Algeria
- Regional Directorate of Tlemcen
Boulevard Akid Lotfi Tlemcen Algeria
- Regional Directorate of Ouargla
Industrial area Ouargla Algeria
- Regional Directorate of Constantine
18, rue Belmeliek eg pine street get onstantine Algeria
Phone: 0021331 91 1709
Fax: 0021331 91 1930
- Regional Directorate Illizi
Route Ain el Kourse Illizi Algeria
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
It is strongly recommended that copies are submitted with the original set of Arab-British Certificate of Origin forms, this will ensure a reduced fee.
In the event of copies being submitted subsequently for certification, then the original document fee will be payable. The original Certificate of Origin form, or a photocopy of it showing the A-BCC stamp, is required as a back up and the serial number of the original Certificate of Origin must be entered on copies.
The Certificate of Origin is required for the following reasons:
- It is a legislative requirement of the importing country.
- It may be required by a Letter of Credit.
- The importer may want the goods to be of a certain origin
- The Customs authorities may require proof of origin.
In some agreements, only the competent authorities are allowed to issue or authenticate a proof of origin, which is normally a certificate of origin in a prescribed format.
Photocopies of the Certificate of Origin cannot be certified.