Algeria - Convert Foreign Driver License
Algeria requires foreign drivers to carry an International Driving Permit (IDP) in addition to their domestic license.
Ads by Google
The IDP should be requested before departure from your home country.
The name written on the IDP should be exactly the same name as the passport.
- Passport no.
- Name of the applicant
- Medical certificate
The applicant has to sit for a specific training and driving test.
Ads by Google
- Medical certificate in original and photocopy
- Valid permit of stay or residence permit in original and photocopy. Original permit of stay will also have to be produced when the driving license is collected.
- Authenticated translation of the driving license in case of driving licenses that do not comply with the model set out by international agreements.
- In some cases the licensing office may request a Declaration by the Embassy or Consulate of the country of origin stating that the original driving license is authentic (for further information ask at the Motorization).
- Original and a copy of valid driving license. (For expired driving license, the expiry date should not exceed 3 years)
- One coloured photograph (25 mm x 32 mm).
- English translation of the driving license by Embassy of the issuing country.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
It will be valid for one year after the date of issue.
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT
01, Chemin Ibn Badis El-Mouiz Ex Poirsson,
El-Biar, Algiers 16300
Tel.: +213 (0) 21 92 98 85/86/87
Address: 17 Bis Residence Chaabani
Fax: + 21321692938
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Driver (including spouses and children) must have taken a defensive driving course before being allowed to drive.
- Drivers must be aware of driving behaviour in the country as well as be familiar with and respect local road requirements and signage.
- A seat-belt must be worn at all times when the vehicle is in motion. Small children must be seated in an adequate car seat. Children 12 and under should be seated in the back seat, with the seat belt on.
- Drivers must not drive when under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Drivers are responsible for ensuring they do not drive when tired and unable to remain alert.
- Lafarge driving and resting periods must be complied with.
- The use of cell phones (including text messaging and hand free devices) when driving is prohibited.
- Vehicles shall be operated with lights on at all times (where legally permissible).
- Drivers and passengers must wear a high visibility vest and a traffic safety triangle must be available in case of an emergency and where people need to get out of the vehicle.
- Vehicles must be checked to ensure they are in good operating condition especially prior to long journeys. Vehicles must be operated and maintained in accordance with dealer and/or manufacturer requirements.