Algeria - Apply for Marriage Permission
The Algerian government imposes strict requirements on foreigners who marry Algerians as an indirect way of discouraging Algerian citizens from moving to other countries.
Foreigners must apply for official permission from the Algerian government to marry a citizen of Algeria.
Ads by Google
- You must demonstrate to Algerian officials that they are not currently married to anyone else - either you have never been married or all divorces are finalized - that your identity is proven, and that you have never committed any crimes in Algeria.
- This is done by providing various documents including an Affidavit of Single Status to the Algerian government either in Algeria or via an Algerian embassy.
- Passport no.
- Name of the applicant
- Medical certificate
- The names of both spouses
- Self addressed stamped envelope
- Date and place of birth of both spouses
- Determine your eligibility to apply.
- Determine the likelihood of success for your particular case.
- Ensure your forms are complete and accurately reflect the details of your case for maximum chance of success.
- Ensure you have the necessary and appropriate documents to support your application.
- Submit your application to the Algerian government.
Ads by Google
- Original of Birth Certificates for both parties to the marriage (No12 for Algerian National)
- Residence certificate.
- Copies of ID cards for Algerians/ Passport for foreigners.
- Medical certificates
- Authorization from the Wilaya where you reside. Be aware that your fiancè will need to go in person at the information desk to get more details as information will not be given by telephone.
- Certificate of No impediment (requested by the wilaya)
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
The document is valid for 6 months from the date of issue. If you do not marry your Algerian fiancé within 6 months of the issuance of the Algerian Marriage document, you must apply again with new supporting documents.
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Once the necessary documents are gathered, it usually takes the Algerian government up to 3 weeks to authenticate the documents.
Wilaya of Algiers:
20 Boulevard Zirout Youcef, Algiers (Next to Essafir Hotel)
Bureau Des Etrangers.Tel:021 73 00 73
Wilaya de Chlef
City CHIRIFI Kaddour CHLEF
Phone:+213 27 77 11 89
Fax:+213 27 77 70 29
Ministry of Justice
8 Place Bir
BP 298 Hakim el-Biar
Tel: 213 292 4183
Fax:213 279 6557
Ministère des Affaires Etrangères,
1 Rue Ibn Batrane,
Ministere de la Solidarite Nationale et de la Famille
Rabea Mechernene, 16000 Alger
Ph#: (213-2) 719-138
Fax#: (213-2) 739-996
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
If your Algerian spouse has dependent children, this does not affect the Algerian Marriage document application.
If you have dependent children, they have no effect on the application to marry an Algerian citizen.
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Because the only language recognized in Algeria is Arabic, documents must all be translated into Arabic to be included in an application.
Documents are also sent to Algeria and Algerian embassies by courier to ensure security, confidentiality, and confirmation of delivery.