Algeria - Apply for Driver License
Before you begin driving motor vehicles, and in order to ensure that you are competent to do so, you must obtain the corresponding driving licence from the authorities. Drivers must carry a valid licence with them at all times.
17 yrs of age
Ads by Google
- It is a good idea to register at a driving school where you will receive help with and information on the procedures involved in obtaining an Algerian driving licence, as well as training to prepare you to take your driving test.
- You will also be told about the different types of driving licences available.
- Do not be banned from driving motor vehicles or mopeds under a court order.
Additionally, if you already have a licence, it must not have been suspended or confiscated.
- I D /Passport No.
- Name of the applicant
- Medical certificate
- Be over 17 yrs of age
- Have an Algerian ID document or a passport.
- Be habitually resident in Algeria.
- Not be banned from driving motor vehicles or mopeds under a court order. Additionally, if you already have a licence, it must not have been suspended or confiscated.
- Meet the psychological and physical requirements for the type of licence you are requesting. To that end, you will need a psychological and physical aptitude report issued by an authorised driver examination centre from the region in which you are applying for a licence. You will also need to provide an up-to-date photograph of yourself.
- Be declared fit to drive by the local or regional traffic authority to which end you must pass theoretical and practical tests corresponding to the type of licence requested.
The purpose of those tests is for you to show that you are familiar with the Highway Code, with traffic and road safety rules, and with basic mechanics.
Ads by Google
- 2 recent passport-sized photos with bare head.
- Photocopy of your identification number.
- Medical certificate in original and photocopy
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT
01, Chemin Ibn Badis El-Mouiz Ex Poirsson,
El-Biar, Algiers 16300
Tel.: +213 (0) 21 92 98 85/86/87
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Respect for other drivers and pedestrians involve taking responsibility for obeying traffic and road safety regulations.
It is therefore necessary to be familiar with those regulations.
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Traffic drives on the right. Road surfaces are reasonably good. All vehicles travelling in the desert should be in good mechanical condition, as breakdown facilities are virtually non-existent.
Travellers must carry full supplies of water and petrol.
Travel by road (outside Algiers) in northern Algeria should be avoided, especially after dark.