Albania - Apply for a new passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- In order to get the passport each Albanian citizen may go to the local post office and pay the price of 6,000 (six thousand) lek (�50)
- Afterwards go to the Registry office of the municipality where the person is photographed, and the fingerprints are digitized.
- The data collected are sent to the center of production in Tirana.
- The ideation and the way of producing the new Albanian e-Passport is made in front of a single civil servant (personal identification, photographing, finding fingerprints, and digital signature) makes this document one of the most reliable and advanced in the world.
- Expired Albanian passport if you have one
- Birth certificate
- Albanian ID card
- A copy of your birth certificate and passport will be used to prove your Albanian citizenship.
Office Locations & Contacts
For more information of registry office in a municipality visit http://www.moi.gov.al/
All citizens of Albania are eligible for an Albania passport
6,000 (six thousand) lek or (�50)
The passport must be replaced after 10 years
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Passports are processed within 15 days of the application's submission
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Those 16 years of age and older must submit their biometric identity card when applying for a new passport
- Payment coupons for biometric passports are sold at post offices
- Citizens 16 years of age and over can apply for the biometric passport at the same time as they are applying for the biometric identity card
- Citizens under the age of 16 who are applying for a biometric passport must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian.
- Applicants under the age of 16 must submit an application coupon and a valid identity document with a photograph such as a personal certificate
- Applicant names
- Date of birth
- Place of birth,
- Date of issue,
Need for the Document
The Albanian passport is a travel and identity document that is issued to citizens who are nationals of Albania and allows them to travel abroad. In May 2009, the Albanian Government started issuing biometric passport and biometric ID card for its citizens.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- As proof of identity
- Used for travelling abroad
- As a proof of citizenship
More information which might help people.