Albania - Apply for Driver License
A driving license is an official document which states that a person may operate a motorized vehicle, such as a motorcycle, car, truck or a bus, on a public roadway.
Following is a procedure on how you can apply for a driver's license.
Minimum Age requirements:
- Motorcycles up to 50cc: 16 years old
- Other types of motorized vehicle: 18 years old
Ads by Google
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
- Complete an application form.
- Submit the completed form along with other required documents.
- Pay all applicable fees.
- Sit in and pass the driving theory exam. You will receive a learner's permit which will allow you to practice driving accompanied by your driving school instructor or by an adult who holds a valid driving license.
- Once you think you are ready, register and take the practical driving test. In case you are applying for another driving license category, you will need to present your current driver's license along with the result of your practical driving exam no need to take a theory test.
Ads by Google
- Completed application form
- Proof of residence
- Medical certificate with photo, issued by the health center, must not be older than three months (from the time it was issued)
- Proof of blood type
- 2 (two) pieces of color photographs, measuring 4 x 5 cm, one must bear the applicants signature (name and surname) at the back;
- If you are applying for additional license category: your current driver's license (original and photocopy) the original license will be returned to you once verified. If your current license was lost, you will need to present a temporary driver's license
- Payment for the exam(s)
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Category A, B and EU licenses:
- valid for 10 years until the license holder turns 50 years old
- for license holders between the age of 50 to 60 years old, license is valid for 5 years
- for license holders who are older than 60 years old, license is valid for 3 years
Category C, D, CE and DE licenses:
- valid for 5 years until the license holder turns 60 years old
- license holders who are older than 60 years old, license is valid for 3 years
- license holders who are pass the age of 65, renewing the will require the license holder to pass some test and the license may have to be renewed yearly
- List of required documents in PDF form - link
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Enter other informations which might help
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- The Directorate General Road Transport Services:
More information which might help people.