Akrotiri - Register a Business
Business registration typically involves several checklist items including registering your business structure, registering to pay taxes, registering to get a permit, and so on.
Like all things in business, your best approach is to take things one step at a time.
Types of businesses:
- sole traders
- limited companies
Your business name will frame its identity. There are many factors to choosing your business name. After you have selected a name for your business, you will need to register it to comply with the law. For some businesses, you need to register your business name with state or local government agency.
Ads by Google
Area Offices of Akrotiri are responsible for controlling and licensing the establishment of businesses in the SBAs - both inside and outside the cantonments - by effectively applying the provisions of relevant SBA legislation and policy.
- Full name
- Home address
- Full description of trade
- Full address of business premises in the SBAs of Akrotiri
- Secretary/Chairman/Director/Officer of the Enterprise/Company/Society
- 1.Decide on a Business Structure
Before you take care of registering your business you'll need to step back and consider how you wish to structure your business as a legal entity; whichever structure is right for you will determine further registration requirements.
- 2.Register your Business Name
If you choose to name your business under a trade name - for example 'Green Fingers Lawn Services' - you cannot operate that business under that name until it is officially registered with your local government. Until then, the legal name of your business essentially defaults to your given name.
- 3.Register with the Tax Department
This won't apply to all new businesses, but if you have employees, any business partnerships, are a corporation or other organization.
- 4.Register for the Appropriate Business Licenses & Permits
It often comes as a surprise to many new small business owners that, in fact, most businesses - from home-based business consultants to storekeepers, restaurateurs, and so on - require some form of government permit or licenses to operate.
Ads by Google
- Notice of approval of company name
- Lease or other proof of company office.
- Capital verification certificate or appraisal report
- Articles of association, executed by each shareholder
- Representation authorization
- Identity cards of shareholders and identification documents of officers
- Appointment documents and identification documents (certifying name and address) of the directors, supervisors, and officers.
- Appointment documents and identification documents of the company’s legal representative
- If the initial contribution is in nonmonetary assets, the document certifying transfers of the property title of such assets
- Other documents as required by the authorities
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Area Offices act as the civil government of the two Sovereign Base Areas and are an integral part of the Sovereign Base Areas Administration. Each Sovereign Base Area has its own Area Office, i.e. the Area Office Akrotiri, for the Sovereign Base Area of Akrotiri (WSBA) and the Area Office Dhekelia, for the Sovereign Base Area of Dhekelia (ESBA).
Choosing and registering your business name is a key step to legally operating your business and potentially obtaining financial aid from the government.
The Fiscal Officer as head of SBA Customs and Immigration has responsibility for a wide range of tasks that extend beyond those normally associated with a customs service. These include matters relating to external border control, direct and indirect taxation, and more diverse subjects such as registrar of births and deaths. Main responsibilities;
- Customs including imports and exports
- Immigration and asylum matters
- VAT and Income tax
- Tax-free schemes – Goods and Vehicles
- Control of NAAFI, clubs and messes
- Fisheries, ports and fishing shelters
- Marine oil pollution
- Sea bathing areas and ranges
- Business licensing
- Registrar of births and deaths