Akrotiri - Obtain a Driver License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Read that permit. It's not very long, and it's packed with useful information�useful, as in knowing it will help you pass, and will also make you a safer driver.
- Get your permit. The laws generally require a beginning driver to obtain a learner's permit before they can get behind the wheel.
- Get behind the wheel. If you want to become a licensed driver, and a safe one at that, the best way to go about it is to get behind the wheel, with a licensed driver as required by your state, and drive.
- Take the Driving Test. This is it�make or break time! If you've gone this far, though, you're going to make it. You've studied the books, practiced many hours, and are generally well-prepared, so don't be nervous. Be confident, be safe, and treat Officer Friendly with respect.
- If you pass surrender your Learners Permit. You will be issued an official Driver's License.
- Gather documents that verify their identity, Social Security Number, citizenship or lawful presence status, and Akrotiri residency.
- Complete the application. (This form is also available at any driver license office.)
Office Locations & Contacts
Car drivers must be 17.5 years and have to be 18 years to take the driving test; mopeds may be driven at age 17; motorcycles may be driven from the age of 21.
To apply for a driver's license, you must not have any discrepancies such as suspensions, revocations, cancellations, or other legal matters preventing you from possessing a valid driver�s license.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
A person must not:
- forge or alter a prescribed document;
- use or permit to be used any prescribed document which has been forged or altered; or
- give to or receive from any person a prescribed document knowing it to have been forged or altered.
- Provide Proof of Name, date of birth, and social security number.
- Pass the written and vision tests.
- Pay any applicable fees.
Need for the Document
A person must not drive a motor vehicle on a road unless that person is the holder of a recognized professional driving license permitting the holder to drive that type of motor vehicle.
A professional driver must comply with any conditions stated on the recognized professional driving license which that person holds.
Information which might help
- When you take the driving test for your license, don't be nervous. Be confident!
- Keep your eyes on the road.
- You can take classes from a commercial driving school which usually gets you a discount on your insurance and you have a greater chance of passing the test.
- The car you drive for your test and the car you normally drive may be different in some aspects. Take note of how they are different, and then remind yourself of them every time you practice driving in your own car.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
A professional driver must, while driving a motor vehicle:
- carry his or her recognized professional driving license and produce it at any time when requested to do so by a police officer or an authorized officer; and
- display his or her identity card in a prominent place on the driver�s console.
Expressions relating to a type of motor vehicle have the following meaning:
- a type A1 motor vehicle means a bus for public use in respect of which an �E� license has been granted for the carriage of passengers on any route, whether regular or irregular;
- a type A2 motor vehicle means a bus for public use in respect of which any of the following licenses has been granted:
- an �E� license for the carriage of passengers on regular routes;
- a license for the conveyance of passengers for reward; or
- a license to be used as a private bus;
- a type L motor vehicle means a lorry with laden weight of 7.5 tons or more; and
- a type T motor vehicle means a taxi.