Uttar Pradesh - How to obtain a Birth Certificate
A Birth Certificate is the most important identity document that makes it possible for anyone in possession of it to benefit from a gamut of services offered by the Indian Government to its citizens. It becomes necessary to obtain a Birth Certificate because it serves to establish the date and fact of one’s birth for a whole range of purposes, like acquiring the right to vote, admission to schools and to the Government Service, claiming the right to marry at the legally permissible age, settlement of inheritance and property rights, and obtaining Government-issued identity documents like a driving licence or passport.
- When the Birth has taken place in a house – the head of the house or the nearest relative of the head of the house, or the oldest person in the family.
- When the Birth has taken place outside the house:
- In a Hospital/Health Centre, Maternity Home or other similar institutions,Medical Officer In-charge or any officer authorised by him/her
- In a Jail - Jail In-charge
- In a Hospital, Dharamshala, Boarding House, etc.-Person In-charge.
- In a Moving Vehicle - Person In-charge of the Vehicle.
- Found deserted in a public place - Headman of the Village/In-charge of the local police station.
Ads by Google
- In India, it is mandatory under the law (as per the Registration of Births & Deaths Act, 1969) to register every birth/stillbirth with the concerned State/UT Government within 21 days of its occurrence.
- The Government accordingly has provided for a well-defined system for registration of Birth, with the Registrar General at the centre and the Chief Registrars in the States, running through district registrars to the village and town registrars at the periphery.
- Concerned Authority
- Municipal Corporation
- Nagar Palika
- Nagar Palika Parishad
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth..
- Every Birth has to be reported and registered within 21 days at the place of its occurrence. After one year, births can be registered by the order of a first class magistrate only.
- A Birth Certificate can be obtained by applying through the prescribed proforma with fee as fixed by local body authorities.
- The certificates are issued from the registration centres/offices of the local bodies in the zone under which the parents of the child were living at the time of birth.
Ads by Google
- Application form with fee.
- Proof of Birth of the person for whom the certificate is required.
- Affidavit, if birth is being registered after one year of its occurrence.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
For Applying your Birth Certificates (Only for Maudaha Residentials.) NAGAR PALIKA PARISHAD, JAIL ROAD MAUDAHA (HAMIRPUR) UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA(210507)
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications.
Enter other informations which might help
A certified birth certificate copy that can typically be used for passport, proof of citizenship, social security, driver's license, school registration, personal identification and other legal purposes
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.