Tamil Nadu - Obtain a Caste Certificate
The system of issuing permanent Community Certificate was introduced in the year 1988 in Tamil Nadu. This is valid for securing admission in all Educational Institutions and other professional institutions and also for employment.
Any Citizen covered under the OBC, MBC, SC, ST communities can avail the service For children's should have completed 3 years.
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
This system of issuing permanent Community Certificates will apply to the institutions in Tamil Nadu coming under the control of the State Government. It will not have any binding on the institutions of the Government of India, its undertakings and other State Governments.
- The applicant can make the request to the Tahsildars with or without the recommendation of the Revenue Inspectors/Village Administrative Officers.
- The Tahsildar will fix a time when the certificate shall be issued either by him or by the Deputy Tahsildar.
- The list of applicants for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe Certificates may be published in the notice boards of Taluk and Panchayat Union Offices and Panchayats and Chavadi in the Village concerned inviting objections from the public before enquiry is made.
- The Community is determined with reference to the documents registered, Community Certificates obtained earlier by the parents/relatives, school Certificates of the person concerned or of parents, open inquiries in the village including the members of the local body, verification of their place of residence, personal inquiry of the applicant, etc
Ads by Google
- Fully filled application form (http://www.tn.gov.in/appforms/cert-community.pdf)
- Ration card
- School leaving certificate or transfer certificate
- Community certificates of parents or school certificates of parents
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Certificate valid for 10 year from the date of issued
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
It may not exceed 15 days for all communities except the Scheduled Tribes. For the Scheduled Tribes, the maximum limit is 30 days.
- Tahsildar office in Chennai - http://www.justdial.com/Chennai/tahsildar-office
- Taluk office in Tirunelveli - http://www.justdial.com/Tirunelveli/taluk-office-%3Cnear%3E-tirunelveli-town/0462PX462-X462-001024413336-S2C5
- Tahsildar office in Madurai - http://www.justdial.com/Madurai/government-tahsildar-office-south-%3Cnear%3E-Arignar-Anna-Nagar/0452PX452-X452-100223114512-U6Y1
- Taluk office in Virudhunagar - http://www.asklaila.com/listing/Virudhunagar/Sattur/Taluk+Office/10oxJa7w/
- Taluk office in Coimbatore - http://www.justdial.com/Coimbatore/government-tahsildar-%3Cnear%3E-coimbatore-central/0422PX422-X422-100108151155-B2Z2, http://www.asklaila.com/listing/Coimbatore/Gopala+Puram/Tahsildar+Taluk+Office+For+South+Coimbatore/1kXKXaES/
- Taluk office in Salem - http://www.asklaila.com/listing/Salem/Mulluvadi/Special+Tahsildar+Office/D5k70MZu/
- Taluk office in Cudallore - http://www.justdial.com/Pondicherry/taluk-office-cuddalore-ho-%3Cnear%3E-Cuddalore-Ho/0413P413STD2701265)
- Taluk office in Dindigul - http://www.asklaila.com/listing/Dindigul/Usilampatti/Dindigul+Taluk+Office/1MRLhSKm/
Ads by Google
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications.
Enter other informations which might help
As part of the Indian system of Protective Discrimination, there exist certain special privileges granted to the category of citizens, such as reservation of seats in the Legislatures and in the Government Service, waiving off a part or the whole of the fees for admission to schools and colleges, quotas in educational institutions, relaxation of upper age limits for applying to certain jobs, etc.
Place some external links which might help
Ads by Google
More information which might help people.