West Bengal - Obtain an Occupation Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
An occupation certificate states the occupation or profession of an individual
- To apply, the eligible person has to apply with required documents to the concerned village Panchayat / Block Panchayat / municipal authority.
- Link for contact details : link1 AND Contact link1 AND Contact Link2
- Please go to the respective office.
- Get the form for this certificate or write on a plain paper as advised.
- Submit the completed application along with required documents to the receiving authority.
- Authorities after checking the application and documents will make entries at the respective register and provide applicant a record number for reference.
- Keep it safe for future reference.
- This application will be processed further.
- There will be a ground level verification and scrutiny of the documents and details by the department authorities.
- After verifying the details and conducting a local inquiry into the facts and merits of the case, the respective panchayat / Sarpanch or the respective authority issues the Certificate.
- Application form.
- Identity proof.
- Self declaration from the applicant
- Ration Card
- Complete information about his/her job
- Education details
- Residential Proof: Residential Certificate issued by Local administration office/ Aadhaar card / Passport / Driving License / Ration Card / Govt. Id card / Defence ID Card / PAN Card.
- Age proof (birth certificate / school certificate)
- Applicant passport size photograph.
- Aadhaar card
- Affix stamp as advised by authorities if required.
- All original and copy of original with self attestation as advised by respective authorities to be submitted as per requirement.
- Apart from the above documents authorities may ask to submit additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
Municipal Service Commission
149, ACHARYA JAGADISH CHANDRA BOSE ROAD
KOLKATA - 700 014
ENQUIRY NO. - 033 2286 0052
Contact Link: link
- Those who require occupation certificate to meet the demands for any need(employment, seat in educational institution for their ward, Loan etc)
- Applicant must be a resident of the state
- Citizen of India
- As authorities quote.
- Charges for affixing stamp may be required.
As mentioned on the certificate
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
7 to 15 days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- For an individual to gain benefits in the form of seat in educational institution or any other requirement that needs individual occupation proof
Information which might help
- Avoid using fabricated documents to avail this certificate as it is punishable.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.