West Bengal - Obtain a Permanent Driver License (Car, Bike, Motorcycle)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for a Permanent Driver license in West Bengal, the applicant has to approach the transport office to which his area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : Contacts Link
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible (18 years and above, LLR minimum 30 days and maximum 180 days time..)
- Application Forms No 4 is required. Application forms can be downloaded from the following link : Form Link
- Medical certificate in Form 1A wherever applicable. An application for a medical certificate (Form - IA) shall contain a declaration in Form-1.
- Please make sure you have all the required documents to process the application
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices .
- Present the completed application forms along with required documents in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Applicant has to qualify the drive test. Applicant on successful completion of test drive will be asked to get photographed for the license copy. Applicant will get the License
Apply Online - West Bengal Apply Driver License Online with Images
- First one has to make sure that all the required documents are in hand to apply online.
- In order to apply for online, please follow the link : online portal
- Please select "Online Services" from the menu and click on "Driver License Related Services".
- You will be taken to a new screen where you have to select “West Bengal” in the drop down menu against “Please select the State from where the service is to be taken”.
- In the next window, please click “Apply Online” to select “New Driving License” option. The following screen gives you the general information to apply. Here please hit “Continue” to get the next screen.
- Please select and enter appropriate option prompted for and click “OK” to get the new page. This new page will prompt to enter details and also need to upload the required documents. Once completed, click “submit” at the bottom of the form to process the application.
- Please take printout of Acknowledgement.
- Take printout of the application form including Acknowledgement and go to nearest RTO office before 11:30 a.m. and submit the application to the RTO official. Authorities will advice the fee amount to be paid. On the appropriate counter pay the fees and submit the application and documents to process the application as per how the apply in person will be processed
Printing application: -- West Bengal Print Completed Driver License Application Form
- You can take printout of online application form with the help of the link: application link
- Please select "Online Services" from the menu and click on "Driver License Related Services".
- Select “West Bengal” in the drop down menu against “Please select the State from where the service is to be taken”
- In the next window, please click “Download Forms” to select “Print application form” option
- Please enter your application number and other detail in the next window and hit ”Submit” to follow the next window to get the printout.
- You can book appointment with RTO using the following link online appointment link
- Please click “Appointment (Slot Booking)” to select “Driving skill Test” option. In the new window select appropriate option and hit submit to process your request to book appointment.
- Link for online application forms :Forms online
- Application in Form 4 : Form link
- Form 15 (those who have undergone training in a Driving School)
- Documents of vehicle in which applicant proposes to appear for test of competence to drive (such as Registration Certificate, Insurance Certificate, Tax Card, Pollution under Control Certificate).
- Consent letter affixed with 2Rs stamp from vehicle owner to conduct driving test in his vehicle, if the vehicle is not owned by the applicant.
- Passport size photographs-4 copies.
- Valid Learner's License held by the applicant for the relevant class, which is older than 30 days.
- Applicants for Transport Vehicle License should enclose a Training Certificate in Form No. 5 issued by a recognized driving school.
- Original Learners License (LLR)
- Aadhaar card
Office Locations & Contacts
Public Vehicles Department
38, Beltala Road, Kolkata â€“ 700020.
Contacts: +(91)-2474-9263 / 33-24751621 / 24751622.
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
West Bengal State - Transport Department Contacts: Link for contact
Note: There are 18 motor vehicle offices that can be found within the premises of the respective offices of the District Magistrates. There are also 7 sub-divisional motor vehicle offices located in the premises of the offices of the concerned Sub Divisional Officers.
- For driving motorcycle without gear, a candidate must have completed 16 years.
- For other vehicles, they must have completed 18 years.
- For driving Transport vehicles they should have completed 20 years.
- You should have a valid learners license (LLR).
- You should apply after 30 days and within 180 days from the date of issuance of learners license (LLR).
- A person who is at least 20 years old and possesses a Learners License for transport vehicle type can obtain a License for driving a commercial vehicle. Also, one has to be conversant with the traffic rules and regulations in all the cases
- Fees related information can be obtained from the following link : Fees Link
- A Driving License for a private vehicle is valid up to a period of 20 years or an age of 50 years whichever is earlier, and 5 years thereafter. But, a commercial Driving License is valid up to three years.
Documents to Use
Application forms can be obtained from the following link : Application Forms
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- After completion of Driving test, the License will be issued on the same day or within a weeks time.
- Renewal can be obtained immediately
West Bengal - Apply For Driver License (Car, Bike, Motorcycle)
For obtaining a Driving Licence, you must have a valid Learners Licence, and must apply after 30 days and within 180 days of issue of the Learners Licence. You should be conversant about vehicle systems, driving, traffic rules regulations. You will be put through a driving test, for which you must bring a vehicle with you. On passing the test, you will be issued a Permanent Driving Licence.
To get a driving license, he/she should know the traffic rules first. Driving license are categorized by vehicle, it is classified into driving license for without gear bike, with and without gear bike, with and without gear bike plus LMVT to drive car, License plus Batch to drive a travels cars, autos, License for Heavy motor vehicle to drive lorry, truck, License HMVT plus batch to drive the heavy load transport vehicle. To get a license first you need take LLR from the RTO office.
- Driving Test Rules for bike
For all bike, to pass in driving test, he/she drive a bike in path designed as no. 8 in between the 20 meter distance, for turning he/she should put a indicator as well as show a hand signal and to stop the bike we raise our hand above the head. This should be done without our legs touching the ground.
- Driving Licence Test Rules for car
Car test is not a difficult test it is a easy test. In car testing, for turning he/she should use indication and to stop the car he/she should show the hand signal used in the bike test, after he/she put the brake in smooth.
Important points for car driving test:
- Shift the gears smoothly, dont off the car until you stop the car, use side mirror and rear mirror to drive.
- At the bike driving test rto are stand near the testing area to see how the driver drive the bike
- At the car driving test Rto sit with you and check how you shift the gears, how you release the clutch.
The above points is only noted by RTO officer, if you follow this two points you get license from 1 week. The test should conduct weekly one day. If you failed you should reappear in the test in another day.
- Full name of the Applicant
- Father's Name
- Permanent Address / Temporary Address
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Education Qualification
- Identification Mark
- Blood Group
Need for the Document
- A driving license is an official document that states, a person may operate one or more types of motorized vehicles, such as a motorcycle, car, truck, or a bus, on a public roadway.
- Under the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act,1988 in India, no person can drive a motor vehicle in any public place unless he holds a valid Driving License issued to him, authorizing him to drive a vehicle of that particular category.
- Driving without Driving license is an offense. Incumbent has to pay penalty
- Now Driving license appointment can be sought through online.
Information which might help
- It is a punishable offense to drive the vehicle without a valid license
- Those who are under 18 Years are not supposed to drive
- RTO officials has the right to decide upon the issue of license
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
A Driving Licence can be used as a proof for Identity also serves as official identification, personal identification and for other legal purposes.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.