West Bengal - Obtain a Life Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Apply in Person
- To obtain a Life certificate the applicant has to approach in-person to the nearest Pay and Accounts Office.
- In the Pay and Accounts office the applicant is required to place their signature in a register and an application form for Life Certificate will be provided.
- If the applicant is not in a position to physically appear to sign in the register, Applicants relative on his behalf can represent.
- The applicant has to complete the Life Certificate application form and get it attested from a gazette officer (a person working in government organization and has the authority to attest) near your location.
- The gazette officer attested Life Certificate application form is used as a Life Certificate.
- Following link provides contact details of Pay and Accounts office in West Bengal: Link for contacts
Through Jeevan Pramaan
- One can register in Jeevan Pramaan to get access for Digital Life Certificate for Pensioner
- Link for Jeevan Pramaan: Online Link
- Jeevan Pramaan uses the Aadhaar platform and biometric authentication of the pensioner.
- A successful authentication generates the Digital Life Certificate which gets stored in the Life Certificate Repository. The Pension Disbursing Agencies can access the certificate on-line
- Aadhaar card
- ID card of the applicant
- Proof of age
- Residential Proof
- Pan card (For Monthly Pension above Rs.15,000 per month)
- Application form Template : Application form link
Office Locations & Contacts
- Principal Accountant General (A & E) - West Bengal,
Treasury Buildings, 2, Govt. Place (West),
Kolkata - 700 001, India.
Phone : (033) 2248 1714 / FAX : (033) 2248 7849
Email : choudhuryAR@cag.gov.in
Pay and Accounts : Link for Contacts
Those who benefits the government schemes through government and other agencies Pensioners of Central Government, State Government or any other Government organizations can take benefit of this facility.
For getting attestation from gazette officer / medical officer one has to pay the applicable charges as claimed
Valid for one year and has to be renewed every year
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Once the application is filled in, the attestation can be obtained on the same day
West Bengal - Obtain A Life Certificate
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since January 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- This certificate is normally used as a proof to make sure the person mentioned in the Life Certificate is alive.
- Pensioners and those who are benefiting from schemes provided by the government and government agencies need to prove that they are alive.
- For Instance…
- Pensioners have to appear before the Pension Pay Officer/ Treasury Officer for mustering from 1st April to 30th June of every year on all Government working days.
- Pensioners who are unable to appear for mustering may produce Life Certificate
Information which might help
- Life Certificate can be signed by Revenue Inspector, Deputy Thaasildhaar, Thaasildhaar, Gazette Officers of State and Central Government, Bank Managers of the Banks where the pension is drawn
- NOTE : It is a punishable offense to try with fraudulent documents to get a Life certificate
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.